• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Politics-- Who is crooked?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politics-- Who is crooked?

So, if most of government is crooked and cannot be trusted, according to alot on Agriville, then let me ask you this. For those on here that have cheated on there income tax, even just a little bit where does that put you? For those that have tried to doctor grain samples, where does that put you? For those who have tried taking advantage of family, neighbors, or friends, where does that put you?
    If yes to any of the above, then would you too not make a good politician?

Everyone: it is human nature. Add to your list: abuse marked fuel. Every farmer is guilty of that one especially in AB.

Comment

And the moral of the story is--- quit with the nit-picking of politicians, everyone is guilty no matter how small, let's concentrate on what the politicians are doing now and what they're trying to legislate now. IMO anyways.

Comment

Feeling a little guilty wiseguy?

Comment

I agree Stonepicker some very wise words, personal attacks are of no benefit when debating government policy!

Comment

In the words of a famous theologian" let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Comment

When you see some of the decisions government make with your money, is it any wonder...

Let's just say I wouldn't enjoy a CRA audit but it is the last thing that keeps me awake at night.

Made it through a GST audit barely scathed and the same could probably be said for a tax audit.

Do you manage your business to avoid paying taxes or to make money?

Comment

Not me. Never cheated or lied. Father O'Leary aint got nothin on me. Potsy Trudeau is lowering my income tax rates and says not to worry about balancing my books. It will take care of itself. Everything is sunshine and rainbows. With that kind of logic who cares about the truth.

Comment

Look at current deficits and interest cost payments. That's the god damn gorilla in the room none of them talk about.

The bonds are resold after maturity.

A long long time ago I was watching the daily show way before John stewart was on it and they where doing a comedy mock up of an old American farmer don't remember exactly what it was about but at the end for some reason he looked up into the sky and said"when people find out what they have done to this country there will be blood in the streets"

Always stuck with me

Comment

CP

Which is why the BOC is talking up negative interest rates???!

We are heading into very interesting times!

Political change means economic upheaval... Carbon taxes mean a whole new set of opportunities... for those with imaginations! Win Win is possible... good ideas and well planned enterprises... which honestly work for a better future.. CAN win!

Comment

One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he
                      asked about his bill, and the barber replied, 'I cannot accept money
                      from you, I'm doing community service this week.'
                      The florist was pleased and left the shop.
                      When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a
                      'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.
                      Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill,

the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from you, I'm doing
                      community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop.
                      The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank
                      you' card and a dozen doughnuts waiting for him at his door.
                      Then a Member of Parliament came in for a haircut, and when he went to
                      pay his bill, the barber again replied, 'I cannot accept money from
                      you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Member of Parliament
                      was very happy and left the shop.
                      The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen
                      Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.
                      And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between
                      the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it.

Comment

agchat what are you getting at?
                        read between the lines
                        are we supposed to lower our standards
                        just to have some conservatives or liberals in power?
                        every party has their share of opportunists, (bad enough)
                        but cash in envelopes , like Brian Mulroney, the man should have seen prison , not parliament.

Comment

Sawfly, i will tell you what I am getting at. If your one to try and cheat a wee bit off and on, then you will be perfectly honest if you become a politician? Ya right, chances are you will take more chances to get away with stuff. Human nature my friend, except some are worse than others. Sometimes this Agriville reminds me of a kindergarten class, the topic strays off quickly. Where did I mention lowering standards? alj, stonepicker got it right off the bat, after that the topic just drifted away.

Comment

Come on Sawfly, Fluffy had his henchmen out instructing corps. how to " properly" approach the liberals even before they won last election.

Comment

whoever fluffy is ? Trudeau ?
                              but i do believe what you are saying .

that is the sad part , how far down that path should we accept.
                              then how far down do you want to go.
                              Quebec / Montreal politics
                              if you accept that , then how far down
                              will you make excuses for.
                              any x prime minister that voluntary
                              (for fear of prosecution) reports
                              his payoff cash to revenue canada.
                              should have his official picture burned in front of the parliament buildings .
                              no excuses for stuff like that.
                              your a public servant.
                              not a mob boss

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...