• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting drill!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting drill!

I wonder how much it costs?

A new seeder design that first caught farmers’ attention in Western Canada several years ago is moving from the prototype stage into production.

Vancouver-based Clean Seed Capital Group says it has started manufacturing and assembling its CX-6 SMART Seeder at WS Steel Manufacturing in Steinbach, Manitoba.

Graeme Lempriere, CEO of Clean Seed Capital and Joe Waldner, CEO of WS Steel (photo source: Clean Seed Capital)
    Graeme Lempriere, CEO of Clean Seed Capital and Joe Waldner, CEO of WS Steel (Clean Seed Capital)
    “This is a major step forward for Clean Seed,” said Graeme Lempriere, CEO of Clean Seed. “Aligning with WS Steel has expanded our capabilities and expertise, allowing us to meet our 2016 targets while preparing to ramp up for increased sales volume in 2017 and beyond.”

The arrangement will see WS Steel build 100 units over the next three years, with the possibility of expanding the project. According to the company, WS Steel has invested “significant capital in production design and engineering” to begin production of the seeder, which gives farmers the ability to metre up to six products simultaneously at varying rates.
    “It’s a remarkably innovative product that we feel will alter the future of farming and we’re proud to be a partner in this important initiative.” said Joe Waldner, president of WS Steel. “With our comprehensive and unique manufacturing capabilities, we are excited to commence the manufacturing process of the CX-6 SMART Seeder.”

Clean Seed signed a distribution agreement Rocky Mountain Equipment covering all of Alberta, Manitoba and parts of Saskatchewan earlier this year. Plans are to have all 33 RME retail locations in Western Canada sell and demonstrate the CX-6 SMART Seeder starting in 2017. A separate distribution deal has also been signed with Cervus Equipment for north-central Saskatchewan.

Comment

It's a 500000 plus machine.

It's a no trash machine. A single bar machine needs clean fields with less trash.

I thought a disc design for cutting would have bee better.

Look closely at one at a farm show. Like the overall concept.

This is one reason why I think a discer concept is not too far away. Back to just dropping seeds.

Comment

I would think sectional control would be real easy with this configuration.

Not overlapping on headlands...

Comment

It is...every pod is a separate seeding unit.

It allows for speed changes going around a slough ... inner and outer ends.

Expensive but what I seen ... pretty simple setup overall. Which is good.

Comment

I saw something like this coming as the next evolution. My question on this unit is acres per fill. Obviously all dry. Looked like a 25 ac/fill rig under a high rate all dry system.

Comment

From what I found tank is 430 bushels an acre for wheat probably 6 bushels an acre total product typical kinda rate used so 70 acre fills. Not great for cereals. Lentils though Aok.

Comment

That drill may be over designed for cearals and pulses at this time . Great idea for corn where up to 4-5 different hybrids could be planted in different areas in fields to maximize growth potential of different soil classes.
                Canola not far off from being there with the seed cost and different selection of hybrids.
                Might be a good fit in souther Manitoba and Lethbridge country .

Comment

Wondering if trash clearance is an issue with large paired row boot. Every clip has the unit seeding at an angle to the stubble.

Comment

The only way I can get 70 acres out of a 440 cart is with liquid.
                    But agree the seed delivery system will go this direction for all makes. Wish I were younger.

Comment

Just watched a video on you tube with president of company and he stated a 60' on 12" spacing with 430bu tank is competitively priced at around 3/4 million!!!

Comment

STR - go price out a full load seed hawk or seed master - they are not far off I would think .

Comment

Or a full load bourgault for that matter , and none of those machines are even close to the tec of the smart seed - not even close , but then again totally different seeding systems

Comment

That's why he states "competitively" priced.

Comment

If that pod holds up to six products(or is capable of metering six products simultaneously, because of the size of the pod there can't be much product of each in it at any given time. If each pod has it's own circuit board...yikes. One other problem would be filling the nurse tank. You would either have to put it in transport or need an awful long reach auger/conveyor. One thing he mentioned that seems to be counter to what we've been taught is the loose ground beneath the seed. I was always led to believe it is best to have your seed pressed onto firm moist ground to help ensure germination before the seed bed has a chance to dry out. It seems the soil will dry to the depth worked unless it is very firmly packed. I guess I will have to look on their website to see what the opener looks like and how much ground clearance they have in the raised position

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...