• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tile drainage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tile drainage

Bought a tile plow attachment that will bolt on to my D7g. Seems to be very popular out east and throughout the mid west. Is this the way to deal with drainage going forward? Positives seem to outweigh the negatives. What will be the permitting process for sask?

There would have to be a ditch for the tile to drain into and flow into a waterway. The RMs seldom have proper ditches. Many farmers farm the ditch and old road allowances.
    Around here the municipal councillors are so busy fighting with each other It takes all the productive energy to apply the regular maintenance.
    I suspect the paperwork with Sask watershed and agreeable neighbors may be a cumbersome task.
    Just an opinion from one part of the province. I am sure there are organized water channels somewhere.

Comment

yes I believe tile drainage is a positive way forward. By its very nature tile drainage is "controlled drainage". I am told that getting approval for tile drainage is easier than open ditches as it can be controlled easier and the flow is much reduced. Proper planning is a must. Their are companies offering expertise in planning tile drainage projects that make approval more probable.
      By the way what brand of plow did you buy? have not bought one but hope to at some point .

Comment

Its a bron, which I happened to see on a timed auction for Ritchie bros. Will have to spend a bit of money on it, but should work well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...