• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this should give CNCP something to think about!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this should give CNCP something to think about!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-12-15/pea-producer-agt-bypasses-prairie-traffic-jam-with-own-railroad

And look who got omniTrax? ?

I don't have an opinion about either but dome good should come out of both deals.

Eventually ****er Harrison and Vag Mongeau will be reigned in.

Comment

This is good

Comment

Interesting article, quite an investment.

As mentioned it will be interesting to see who buys the Omnitrax line to Churchill as well.

Comment

The natives got omniTrax.

Comment

.....NOT!!!! AGT is still at the Monoply's mercy. Its not like he has a line going to any port or crosses any border to access, at the very least, international competition!!! The story makes it sound like they really have something. Other than the ability to assemble, hopefully near unit trains, AGT still has to rely on the Bullies to get it to where it needs to go....

In the same breath, way to go AGT!!! A TRUE SASKATCHEWAN SUCCESS STORY.

Comment

The more I think about it, the better I like it.
              It is a genuine reflection on todays society.

Murad losing tens of millions, uses the proper channels to lodge the complaint.
              Service provider monospony in an authoratative very important voice, " we are so busy , very busy, very busy"
              So , Murad does the math and some planning.
              Then he says "here.... i will bring the work/money to you."
              Murad/AGT takes the business high road while CNCP are too busy to take AGTs money.
              I truly hope that AGT applies for running rights on Canadian rail lines.
              The really interesting part of all this is, after getting jacked around for so long AGT has nothing to lose.CNCP Provided such poor service to AGT that AGT are willing to risk a learning curve and multi millions to Do better themselves.
              CNCP provided such poor service to AGT that they enabled a competitor.

Comment

.....they can still be held ransom!

Comment

341 miles of track dosn't get you to Vancouver , Thunder Bay or Montreal where our crops need to be to leave the country. Still stuck in Sask and depending on CN or CP to finish the job. The 483 shortline cars sat in Sask. from Jan-April 2014 not moving just like all the grain. A nice story for a Bloomberg reporter and the audience, but CN and CP really couldn't care less and will move these cars when it suits them and their business plan.

Comment

For now.... Yes..

I think AGT will rally the entire specialty grains troop, do the math on their previous losses, apply that cash value towards lobbyists, lawyers, and greasing politicians.
                    Dont forget Scoular Company just bought whatever was left of the specialty grains processing in Canada. Last time I looked they are a 108 year old company, that has survived in the very litigious USA. Americans are considerably father ahead of Canada when it comes to ummm... Influencing government".
                    This is going to take a few years, but I am making popcorn to watch this one.

Comment

AGT is turning out to be another great Saskatchewan utility. It has made virtually no money since 2011, manages to pay a $0.45 dividend to shareholders like clockwork and is a market for $1.3 billion of Sask grain (25% the size of SWP in its hay day). Original Stockholders have been riding on a stock price roller coaster. It will be interesting to see what the future brings for the Company.

Comment

The northern stretch(Davidson to Saskatoon) of the railway between Regina and Saskatoon would be nice to acquire but still leaves them dependant regardless.

Comment

Scoular bought a collection of worn out pipes, bins and cleaners from a company that lost $1 million a month of shareholders money since going public. Scoular made it's money for 108 years trading millions of bushels of corn and wheat etc for pennies a bushel and hedging those pennies on the grain exchanges. The cash specialty crop market will be harsh and they will use this purchase as an entrance to the regular grains that can be hedged. Just an opinion. AGT will blow up or be sold and cease to exist in less than 10 years. Again just an opinion.

Comment

CN and CP have dozens of lobbiest in Ottawa. Always have always will. I highly doubt a US company will ever match that no matter how big they are.....again just an opinion. Time for a third railway company owned by the people it serves and not owned and run by US managers.

Comment

Lund(hehe), why do you think AGT will crash and burn? Or do you think they will suffer the same fate as the the historic SWP with their "Project Whorizon" when they built their concrete tombstones and expanded into donuts and other ventures....?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...