• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponsorship?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sponsorship?

So tonight I heard about refugees being sponsored by Canadians. The sponsor group does not have enough housing?????
    And is saying that the government has not come across with money for the houses? Wtf is going on? Bad enough to bring them in but I thought
    The sponsors were paying the tab. We re paying the fn tab?

Americans have acknowledged there is absolutely no way to screen these people. As the Donald would say. How stupid are we ?

I was told by a church member in Regina that a church has to show the government $27,000 for a family of five. This is intended to look after the families living for the first year.

Comment

What I find crazy is we have people that have immigrated from crappy situations put in there time and gone through the painful process of immigration on their own dime. And we are just giving this people direct imigration? We had local family that immigrated from Scotland. Husband and wife both worked. They along with 1 child got citizenship and 1 who was handicapped didn't. They left back to Scotland after 2 years in disgust.... Something is screwed up with our system....

Comment

You just wait the money we spend on them will be out of control. Never mind the lawsuits they will be filing against the government down the road for issues you wouldn't even think were possible and the big one will be that they have two passports now and they will be heading back for "visits" and we will be obligated to rescue them. Looking at the refugees on cbc....they had better clothing than my family complete with cell phones.WTF!!!

Comment

How many were facing a gas chamber?
          Last years foreign worker showed up on my doorstep this fall. Lasted a week, canned himself. By November was "gonna be a daddy". Getting visa changed and moving to BC.
          Keep doing your "part" you taxpayers. I quit.

Comment

The first plane loads and the so called sponsors have no money or housing so we re paying hotel bills? Holy crap this is gonna be 100 times the estimate. And where the hell are there going to be jobs?

And I agree they dress like their going to the prom don't look too desperate to me.

Comment

Some elderly Nation building "citizens"(seniors) may not be treated as good. Take care of our own.

Maybe if that part of the world would ever be able to "recover" and not be bombed into the stone age every few years, we wouldn't be faced with this problem.

Comment

It appears this refugee project is going to have out of control spending.....PM Selfie doesn't appear to have a plan.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/government-hotel-bill-for-refugees-expected-to-near-80-million-by-march

Government bill for welcoming Syrian refugees expected to near $80 million by March

The federal government wants to book a swath of hotel rooms in Toronto and Montreal to accommodate the influx of Syrian refugees expected over the next several weeks.
                Between now and March, Ottawa needs 300 rooms daily in each of the two cities to house about 600 refugees per night, according to a notice posted Friday on a government procurement website. Suppliers will also be expected to provide meals.
                The length of stays will vary: some will leave the next morning, others will need “two or more nights.”
                “As we gear up for more arrivals, we want to ensure that we have the necessary hotel rooms to accommodate,” said Nancy Chan, a spokeswoman for Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
                Chan said the government expects to spend $61 million to $77 million on overnight hotel accommodations and other activities to welcome refugees when they arrive.
                The government has said it plans to invest $678 million over six years toward the resettlement and support of Syrian refugees.
                On Monday, Immigration Minister John McCallum said Ottawa was “working very hard” to meet its pledge to resettle 25,000 refugees by the end of February, including 10,000 by the end of the year.
                A Royal Jordanian Airlines flight with more than 200 people is expected to land in Toronto on Tuesday.
                While most of the refugees who have arrived so far were privately sponsored by family members or community groups, more government-assisted refugees are expected in the coming days.
                Privately sponsored refugees will typically continue travelling to their destination community either as soon as they land or the next day, Chan said. Government-assisted refugees could face delays getting to their destination communities.
                “If their destination community is not yet ready to receive them, their onward travel could be delayed up to a few weeks. Until communities are ready to receive them, most will be accommodated in interim lodging sites,” Chan said.
                Six sites have been identified at Canadian Forces Bases Kingston, Valcartier, Meaford, Petawawa, Trenton and Borden. If activated, the sites would be run jointly by the Red Cross and the federal government.
                According to the government solicitation notice, the hotels that would provide immediate accommodation must be within 10 kilometres of the airports in Toronto and Montreal. Bidders must be willing to set aside at least 50 rooms per night from Dec. 21 to Feb. 29. Each room will be expected to house up to four people, including children.
                Hotels will also be expected to provide up to three meals a day.
                “Note that it would be beneficial to Canada, for the contractor to have halal meal options available for refugees,” according to the document.
                It states the government will reimburse up to $15 per person for breakfast, $16 for lunch and $30 for dinner.
                Hotels must ensure that access to mini-bars, movie rentals, long-distance calls and other pay services are disabled.
                The government is also asking suppliers set aside rooms for two government representatives who will be onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the duration of the bookings.

With files from The Canadian Press

Comment

The stupid thing is with the money it's going to cost, that money would have helped hundreds of thousands in the refugee camps. Making life better until things are sorted out in Syria.

Comment

Once again I will point this out - if you truly believe bringing over 25,000 refugees is in yours and theirs best interest I fully support people's efforts. However you now take full responsibility for our countries and the refugees well being. You provide food, shelter, help them find jobs, get educated. I wonder if anyone is willing to take on this responsibility for 1 person let alone 25000... Has our PM stepped up and offered to financially support a family of four from his trust fund? Or is he fine just using tax money from my family?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...