• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Breaking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Breaking

A few years ago there was talk of some markets refusing to accept canola or other grain grown on breaking of land not previously in production.
    Still see not insignificant amount being cleared, much of it to increase efficiency by removing fence lines and other barriers that have to be worked around. Also bush that had been left to provide shelter for livestock.
    Question is whether there actually are any restrictions on this regarding trade or business with other countries?

Who is going to ask? Why would they care if the canola was seeded on a brush cut treeline, or decommissioned corrals?
    The important questions in these times are, what variety of canola do you declare your selling, and have you paid to use the technology in that seed?

Comment

Hobby, I think its an environmental preservation question. Like clearing the Borneo Rainforest for palm oil production. Viterra was pushing some sort stewardship program one time.

Comment

It's a factor in some of the stewardship certification programs that are coming, not necessarily a ban but can count against you depending on the circumstances.

Comment

Then git er all dun now...push every bush, take down every fence, drain every duck pond, leave no stone un-turned...

Comment

On your marks...

Ready...

Set...

REGULATE!!!

Comment

Spying with satellites and drones...Shoot em down, violation of my air space. Mind your own ****ing business... and I'll mind mine!

Comment

farmaholic, now, now, who do you think you are showing such disrespect for the social license to farm that society has so graciously granted to you?!

Comment

So nobody is going to buy brazillian beans then. Sure their trees suck way more co2 than ours which are dormant 8 months of the year.

Comment

Do these stewardship programs boil down to data collection used against us? If you have to report everything from acres to which crops to what has been used to grow the crops...

Do you want your hands tied by such things and do you think the pittance offered for us to "sign on" was worth the information gleaned? I never did. In fact I don't even know if it exists anymore...

I'm donning my special hat...

Comment

It boils down to processors and retailers being able to take the credit for the good things we do, while still being able to pass the buck when things go wrong.
                      Ooops did I post that out loud?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...