• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cargill pro pricing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cargill pro pricing

I've been contacted twice to sign some tonnage to this program. I don't see the advantage or benefit of this marketing plan. Anybody use this program last year, if so did you sign up again this year?

Details please... we don't have a Cargill on our doorstep.

Comment

signed up last year my price iwill receive will be about 7.20 to 7.40 number 2 13 px its a way you don't have to worry about prices. It has a nice fit for some of your grain

Comment

Tubs,

What did they offer on Canola? I have never seen anything but prices in the bottom 40 percentile from Cargill ... so wonder how you managed that!

Comment

no propricing on canola

Comment

Is this the one where you supposedly participate with Cargill as their merchants buy and sell? Avoid that one like the plague. I did a few bushels based on what they told me their track record was. You have to lock basis in separate I did quite well on basis and still only got a few pennies over $6.
            However the worst part and the part that still makes my blood boil is how they handle the trading aspect of it. Ok so they send you an email every few weeks that tell you the price and the % sold. So I sign this is the spring thinking just seeing the percentage sold would be educational. So they start and we they have a fairly high percentage sold at say 6.00. Well the price of wheat drops and amazingly my next fax comes and we have a lower percentage sold AND my price sold at is lower. This should be impossible. If we look at it like a pure futures trade. Cargill shorted the market. If it went up they got my grain if it went down they covered their short kept the cash and just moved my sales price lower. I felt it bordered on fraud. Never got a satisfactory answer.

Comment

I'm sorry but you guys know my thoughts on these smoke and mirror contracts. Sounds like one guy was happy and the other not so much. Do you really think these things are designed for you? Or that the contracting company ever ends up with the short end of the stick?

As the legendary Alf Bryan used to say:

I may be wrong but...

Comment

We did some of that "pro pricing" this year. Shoulda known better but the young rep wanted us to try it so we gave in. Thankfully we did a small % of our crop.
                It'll be the worst price (by far) we get for any of our 2015 wheat.
                Never ever again will we use that "service".

Comment

Jake, did cargill blow it on the basis or futures, or both? I think these programs need to be monitored by a third party accounting firm to assure participating farmers receive the true final value. How else would you know if cargill isnt skimming from the top?

Comment

They missed big time on the futures and we were left on our own to lock in the basis.
                    We locked in the basis way to soon because it actually was at the time at a historical good level
                    Live and learn.... Again.... That's farming.

Comment

Very few farmers market any grain of any kind.

Comment

Graham has outlined the program fairly well. What confuses we about pro pricing is, is Cargill in business too make Cargill money or my farm money?
                        That's why I never signed up!

Comment

Tweety,

So... we are all stupid grain farmers who have never marketed any grain... because only the CWB... could... now 'single desk' bad joke is gone...

What only you and large multinationals know how to market anything???

I know... you were only joking... wrong?

Comment

myaverage future price is 5.88 us at 85% sold and basis is 1.44 positive the basis you have to pick the longer you waited the better.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...