• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Margaret

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing stopping you BFW. You are perfectly within your rights to protest and express your opinions - that has been allowed in this case in Alberta. How you chose to exercise that right defines whether you are painted as intolerant or a stupid redneck by others. The ball is in your court.

Comment

I know that Grassfarmer and I do. My point was I feel that people are becoming afraid to say what they really think for fear of reprisal. Tolerance is necessary but people who are pushed to far eventually lash out in some form or another.

Comment

I know that Grassfarmer and I do. My point was I feel that people are becoming afraid to say what they really think for fear of reprisal. Tolerance is necessary but people who are pushed to far eventually lash out in some form or another.

Comment

Thanks for replying BFW...you articulated what I was thinking in a much better politically correct fashion.

Comment

Minister Margaret...

Life is not fair.

Politics is not fair.

People are not fair.

Economics is not fair.

Leading all the above... leads to learning new skills... finding new friends... and learning to ignore the cheap shots and low blows...

All the best as you lead our province... it takes courage and skill[and on the job training!!!]. Alberta is the best place to learn your new skills... on this little blue planet... third from the Sun!

Merry Christmas Minister Margaret! Blessings and have a great 2016!

Comment

BFW, people becoming afraid to say what they really think for fear of reprisal is nothing new in Alberta, it seems firmly engrained in the culture.

Most of the people with water wells contaminated by oil field activity are afraid to go public with it - most sign confidentiality agreements and take a payment rather than risk relatives jobs in the patch or be isolated in their communities.

Like trusting the PCs on the land-bills some of you seem to be just opening your eyes to what goes on in Alberta because there is an NDP Government. There has been far too little public scrutiny or interest in what goes on in the province for far too long. If the NDP getting elected reignites that interest in making democracy work that is a good thing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...