• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Margaret

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Margaret

After yesterdays meltdown I would suggest our Alberta energy minister take a leave of absence from facebook.

For those of us not in Alberta, can you explain what is going on?

Comment

I'm assuming this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/bill-6-farm-safety-bill-passed-1.3359270

and that by keeping off Facebook the bullies and those putting out the threats will "win"?

Comment

grassfarmer...by passing bill 6 when twothirds of Albertan's said it was not necessary.Is that not a case of her government bulling their legislation on to farms and ranchers?

Comment

More and more, I am glad I stayed away from the Wild Rose camps.....
          The number of phone calls to make sure I came out to "put Notely in her place".... gotta make political hay while the sun shines.
          Glad the bill got backed off, but OK with what was passed.

Comment

Blackjack, 2/3rds of the population outside Calgary and Edmonton oppose it from the opinion poll I saw. A lot different than 2/3rds of Albertans opposing it.
            Also when the question was asked as it would apply to employed farm workers only (which is in the amendments) the majority supported Bill 6.

I'm with perfecho, Wildrose are desperate for any attention and votes they can garner but they have already proven they are just another pimp for big oil so no different to the PCs. They won't stand up for farmers, wont stand up for their property rights when it comes to the energy sector. Keep that in mind farmers.

Comment

Here is a minister in charge of a multi-billion industry .Would one think that that she might be in a position over her head.I am thinking she should have more important concerns than some dumbasses typing in cyberspace.

Comment

The stuff she was subjected to, is nasty...when bullying and threats are justified because they suit your stance or party, we are in major trouble as a nation..lots of talk out here about it and it is not shining a great light on WR....

Comment

It appears this could likely be another case of an Alberta NDP MLA "crying wolf". Three MLA's have already had to apologize false accusations/lying.

http://www.therebel.media/alberta_energy_minister_margaret_mccuaig_boyd

She is likely feeling guilty about reporting to her Union and party bosses........but not her constituents.

Comment

The "Rebel media" are obviously trying to fan the flames of discontent along with the WR. At least the Wildrose leader had the decency to come out and condemn the threats and bullying on his facebook page today.
                    If there were no threats as the joke media, sorry "Rebel media" implies, why would Brian Jean make such a statement?
                    Completely unacceptable in this day and age to be suggesting on public forums the assassination of the Alberta premier, whatever party they may belong to.

Comment

Grassy,

Just like the "Rope for sale" thread on here.. many folks have said the same thing exactly to me... this accusation of farmers being unsafe irresponsible fools has really stirred up many farm people...

I instantly and harshly told these people to stop and think about the horrid thing they were saying [assassination of political people]... so it is not uncommon... just like the rope humour on here...most laugh it off and dismiss it off hand... nor easy to ignore for feeling and caring people!

With Terrorist issues... just like old [25yrs ago] airport humour was not uncommon... and unlikely to cause any kind of serious reaction...

Times they are a changing... so... we MUST think before we wink... or 'kid' around!!! Just like here on Agriville... words cannot be taken back... when spoken in haste... and/or out of bad taste.

Being the butt of bad taste... hurts no less...even if folks say/insinuate it was just a cheap shot/bad joke...

Comment

I don't think I'd like to be king of Alberta today, thanx.

Comment

Tolerance is disappearing..extreme people seem to be unable to discuss an issue without getting angry, fist-a-cuffs due to people not agreeing with one's opinion. Some coffee shops have banned certain topics due to fear of fights...This is not what Canadians were known for...I do believe this is going to be a real issue down the road, and likely violence down the road, Islamic terrorists may not be the problem...we may have enough home grown political terrorists!

Comment

Per.... Hmmmmm

" Islamic terrorists may not be the problem"

They have sworn to die... and Kill the infidels... so they can earn a place in heaven.

Just WAIT till the first: tank farm, refinery... power line or oil rail loading facility gets destroyed...!

Comment

i believe we need to be tolerant of others opinions, beliefs etc. But it seems to me that it needs to be more of a two way street. Tolerance, patience is good but at some point we need to be able to voice an opinion, express a different point or just plain defend our ground without being painted as intolerant or just a stupide redneck. Certainly don't condone the threats made over things like Bill 6 but really, a minister crying in the leg? She needs to toughen up, it is unlikely to get better here any time soon. Actually I think all of us here in Canada need to toughen up. Harper is right to be preparing people for some harder times.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...