• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drones

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drones

Who has or is getting a drone, what "practical" uses do you see for them in crop production. I can see them more useful for checking livestock in pastures that crop checking. Will they ever only be an expensive toy?

Yup. Toys.
    Cessna 150's will be doing all the just in time mapping.

Comment

phantom Three does every thing you need from the air. Plus run the sprayer your self. You learn a lot when your going over your field instead of a hired man.

Comment

Wait until they are big enough to carry atleast 300 gallons of chem. All you will have to do is sit at end of field and refill them. Put in GPS coordinates and variable application rate.

Comment

Actually not that expensive anymore either. But just like precision farming and so many other things farmers do, its companies converting farmer naivety to profit.

Comment

Tweety, I just don't see them replacing "boots on the ground". What could some company offer as a "service" that would benefit the Grower, Oh, the large pothole on the back forty is dry enough to seed? Or instead of leaving quad tracks all over your field, fly the drone over to see the MACRO details of the crop... micro will still require boots on the ground.

Comment

Need to scoop some land? Fly a drone over that section to see where the rough spots are before you outbid your neighbour on rent

Comment

....google earth.

Comment

Who wants to rent land! Buy is way better.

One USA hail company is asking for Drones to be used for hail adjusting. Well a quad driving all around a section does more damage some times than what you get.

I think like every thing they have a place.

Comment

Its what comes next that is interesting.

A million little robots to seed plant fertilize weed harvest?

Comment

I am patiently waiting Cotton! Tech like that could bring organic production to the "next level"

Comment

It would pretty well eliminate any organic premium if the technology made it that easy

Comment

That Is fine by me, as I expect it would decrease overall *cide usage and fertilizer reliance. Which is good for me, good for you, and most importantly good for future generations.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...