• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Negative interest rates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative interest rates

This insanity of the regulators and probably the "market" is liable to evolve in ways no one imagined.

I mean just who will leave money on deposit when it shrinks each day.

I personally feel that money in savings will not be a negative interest rate. Once again was talking to a sharp financial cookie on Sunday, and he still insists that in this country cash will always be king. It may not seem like king in making you more money right now because of low interest rates and a roller coaster market. As usual time will tell.

Comment

And just what would you invest that cash in if you don't think leaving it in the bank is a good idea?

Comment

That's the Million Dollar Question. Where to put Cash if we go negative.
        Farm Land that ship has sailed.
        Gold.
        Silver.
        Copper.
        Oil at these levels.
        City condos and homes that ship has also sailed.
        Where oh where to go now.
        But hey its the ME generation.

Comment

Farmland has stabalized and may even be showing signs of correcting here.

How about sticking the cash in a solid bluechipper that has suffered a downturn but will be one of the first to recover. Certain consumer goods bluechippers, people will always take care of their personal hygene. Or a major pipeline. There will be "oopportunities" going forward.

Comment

I am still investing in myself and my farm.

A few books of matches and a torch is paying off pretty nice so far.

Lol.

The protill is working at mowing cattails these days as well.

Comment

OIL STOCKS

Comment

Protill , shmotill!
                All I hear is Marsha Marsha Marsha. !

Weak attempt at humor.

Comment

I agree with bmgb.

Suncor, syncrude, exxon. Those companies will weather the storm and in the future, Im not sure when, but they will be there for the recovery.
                  People cherish oil. Oil will return eventually. I have not looked at any charts for a long time.
                  I am investing in my farm. Hoppers under bins, a Lemkin, or protill, and push back debt.

Comment

A seaside villa in Greece. Australian banks.

Comment

If wishes where kisses I would ask polo one thing at his news conference yesterday

If zirp is so great why did we not always have it?

After he said something stupid I would say well its because we are so ****ed

Then if he said anything I'd show him the math. What is a 5% move on a 600 billion debt pile kick in another six hundred provincially with a people who already giving half their wealth in tax

Tax the wealthy tax the wealthy bla bla bla

Take the wealth of the Forbes five hundred and you balance the budget for a year. And then what?

Comment

There is one manufacturing sector doing very well Smith & Wesson sales have tripled in last 3 months.

Comment

If the states do raise and we lower, our dollar will plummet. Was told this morning, I am lucky, at least I know how to harness a horse. Lol.

Comment

Invest in a Lemkin or Pro Till ??? $100 Big ones and high maintenance for what. Going back to recreational tillage.
                            Our yields and soil have never been better than since we went Direct seeding/No Till

Comment

Interesting thought,

Lower deficit through negative interest rates... Gov gets income on gov debt... bank profits... interesting turn of events.. give the 40 percent of workers... that work for gov at all levels... a tax hike by lowering interest rates!

Who would have thought... in 1982... that a central bank of Canada would now... in 2015... be preparing us for negative interest rates... and blowing the value of the CDN$...

WOW... the times are changing! Inflation... at any cost!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...