• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fair market value rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair market value rent

Plan to rent out 800 acres of approximately $100,000/quarter assessed farm land in Saskatchewan. What is it worth per cultivated acre? Would consider cash, crop share or any combination. Any ideas?

North or south East central or west. Assessment means shit all.

Comment

$50- $60/ac real common in the NE. still some $45 /ac stuff kicking around . some new stuff higher than $60 . it's a lot of money if you're paying it every year . sad thing is you hafta rent the sloughs for the same money ., and the shit that's to wet to farm . already some high rollers forfeited on their rent . I would take something in the middle if it was me and to some young guy , not the bto paying top dollar who will tell you how much he WILL pay when the shit hits the fan real quick here

Comment

North east. Anybody doing % of gross with a min and a max?

Comment

SF3 Never seen a shitty quarter assessed at $130,000.

Comment

I have...Chinese investors payed that for shit land in our area.

Comment

$60-$80 per acre NE SK , Kamsack area. Some 20% of gross bushels. Still a few 1/3, 2/3 were as the landlord pays 1/3 of the fertilizer and chemicals and gets 1/3 of the gross bushels.

Comment

Wow! Guess nobody in our area is getting into the swingin dick contest. Most land rents for $40/ac.

Comment

Up to $85 cash or some 25% of gross, NO inputs. Lots less than that but depends on # of aggressive young guns.
                  One plus 100000 assessed quarter sold for $360000.

Comment

Stick an ad on kijiji and in the Producer. If it's like around here you'll get all kinds and variations of rent offers. Sort through them and get references.

Comment

$80 plus or 1/3 up here in the NW. It's just money, can't take it with you.

Comment

No 130000 if that's the assessment on all 5 you should get 60 to 85.
                        But I would get references as some BTOs are smoke and mirrors.
                        We have one guy gets the land lords all the time, just saying.

Comment

1. No such thing as "fair".
                          2. "market value" says it all.
                          3. Most important for me would be longevity and honesty. All about relationships.
                          You must not live there if you have to ask.

Comment

It's fine to hunt for top dollar, but how many pay up on time. Failure to do so should have a penalty clause with teeth built into the contract.

Comment

It's fine to hunt for top dollar, but how many pay up on time. Failure to do so should have a penalty clause with teeth built into the contract.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...