• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Legacy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Legacy

When Hunter Harrison leaves , he probably will have transformed CP into a Multinational with Headquarters in the U.S. In other words C.P. will be owned and controlled in the U.S. The end of C.P. rail.

If merge with Norfolk southern goes thru that will be the end. Another Canadian Co owned and operated by the US.

Comment

Maybe we'll get better service, but the railway is part of the sovereignty of this nation. Maybe Canadian government should buy it back. They throw billions of dollars around, this is a good cause.

Comment

The last spike!!

Comment

Lots of questions.

If corporate taxes are considerably lower in Alberta than Virginia I wonder if they would move to Canada?

This merger likely has to be approved by the Feds, wonder how they see this.

Comment

The feds have never stopped a corp takeover. Maybe made them sell a few assets but that is about, right?

Comment

Wmoebis

Potash and BHP ring a bell?

Comment

The only corp takeover that I can think of being stopped was when BHP tried to buy out PCS.

When Burger bought out Tim Hortons, the HQ actually moved to Canada because of lower corporate taxes.....not sure if Norfolk and CP would happen this way or have a HQ in Virginia?

I think you're right that it's very uncommon though to see the Feds stop it.

Comment

Potash was a strategic resource but the transport system to get it to the coast isn't?

Agriculture isn't a strategic resource either.

Ipsco was a north American leader and now profits go to russia.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...