• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its all relative.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its all relative.

It seems most on this site are opposed to the immigration of any Syrian refugees. Think about this.

In 1939 907 German Jews came to Canada on the St Louis ocean liner seeking asylum from the Nazis. We turned them all away. 204 of them later died in concentration camps. During the 1930s and 40s Canada only allowed about 5000 Jews to immigrate from Europe yet the US let in 200,000 Jewish people in during the same time period. These are very small numbers compared to the 11 million Jews and other minorities killed in the camps by the Nazis.

While likely 200 or so people will have died in the Paris attacks, in the US each year there are over 10,000 homicides by guns alone. In Canada over 2000 people are killed in Auto accidents each year. Should we outlaw cars because they are more deadly than terrorists?

How many Canadian citizens have joined ISIS? It is a two way street and I am willing to bet more Canadians have joined ISIS than ISIS terrorists who will be able be able to get into Canada as refugees.

It seems many on this list have no problem bombing Syrians, killing innocents as well as terrorists, destroying homes and businesses. They feel Canada has a duty to fight in a war, but do not feel we should have any deaths of our troops or any attacks on Canada people or property. Sorry war does not work that way. If you want to participate in a war you better be prepared to be attacked and better be prepared to deal with the human misery that your bombs impart - including refugees.

yep, you are right DML, we oughta just keep our noses out of there. its a no-win situation anyway. Religious wars and feuding can be left for those wishing to engage in that lifestyle. each to his own.

Comment

As I understand it, the terrorist in Syria and other mid east countries are a minority, a small minority of the population. If so, why do their Ayatollahs, mullahs, imams who have so much political power not stop the terror by condemning it, and why does the majority not rise up and have their militia and police stop it?
      Or I am mistaken, and the Muslim majority agrees with it. Which is it?

Comment

I have no problem taking all the women and children that want to come
        The elderly can die in the country they created and the men should be sent back with a rifle to create the country they want.

Comment

Excellent post dml, pleased to see some common sense on here. Thankfully the redneck, gun-toting views are not in the majority in the country, or this country wouldn't be what it is.

Comment

Grassy I'm assuming that shot was at me but your liberty to anonymously take slander me was won and defended with a gun. Us gun toting rednecks are also what makes north America a **** of a hard target for invasion. Syria is a civil war and needs to be fought by its residents. I have compassion and sympathy for those suffering around the world but as it stands there are about 3 billion of those folks out there so we'd best choose those with the ability and willingness to contribute to our country instead of just meeting a target so it looks good on the 6 o'clock news.

Comment

ado, what do you mean by "3 billion of those folks"?

You, and everyone else who things ISIS is a Muslim problem, need to watch this 6 minute CNN interview: https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatters/videos/10152410206006167/?fref=nf

I would also argue that it is not guns in citizens hands which is preventing invasions, it is our isolation from troubled areas of the world by oceans and the incredible military might of the US.

Samhill, you can no more blame the Imans et. al. for not stopping ISIS than you can blame the US govenors, senators, president for not stopping gun violence which is killing just as many as ISIS is

Comment

There are 3 billion people on this planet that live a very shitty existence due to war, politics and poverty yet everyone get hung up on one country and it's problems.

Comment

ado said "I have no problem taking all the women and children that want to come
                  The elderly can die in the country they created and the men should be sent back with a rifle to create the country they want."

There are a few on this forum who should read that over and over until they understand it.

Comment

It's unfortunate those Jews dies in 1939, they should of ended up here to start businesses and live peaceful lives.

In 2015 the issue is radical Islamic terrorist who want to blow up the western world.
                    Comparing peaceful Jews and Islamic terrorists is a rididulous comparison.

Ado makes a lot of sense.....grassy's idea of singing kumbya with Muslims would lead us all to being a terrorist victim.

Comment

Dml, you know little of Islam, you should read this:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080215190601AAx9RUs

Comment

Samhill, thanks for the laugh. You provide evidence of what Islam is by having me read 8 answers by who know who! For example: Who is Tasha and what expertise does she have in the religion? Do you believe everything written on the internet written by someone that only is identified by a first name? Did you follow the link that I posted. At least we know who is answering CNN, we can check his credentials.

You say I do not know Islam. How do you know that? I have been to Muslim countries - have you? Have you had first hand experience with any Muslim organization - I have.

Oliver88: sounds like you think every Syrian refugee is a terrorist. Does this include Syrian Christian who are also fleeing? How is it that Jews fleeing death from Nazis must all be peaceful but Syrians fleeing ISIS are all Islamic terrorists.

Comment

So should that apply to all immigrants HT? Should all the male ancestors fleeing the Highland clearances have been sent home to "fight for the kind of country they wanted"? or those fleeing Stalin? what about the current intake of white South Africans? going to send all their men home too?

What a ridiculous proposal.

Comment

If some of you guys would learn abit about the fundamentals of islam and quit being obstinate, maybe the diarriaha of the mouth would stop. There isn't another religion or type of people in the world that can be compared to the muslim ( islam )

Comment

Sooo...GF. If the young men leave their homeland to languish in foreign countries who, exactly, is going to make the homeland liveable?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...