• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypocrisy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypocrisy

Quite a stink being raised about Montreal pumping 8 billion litres of raw sewage into the St Lawrence and rightly so. It does raise a few questions though. Victoria BC daily pumps 130 million liters of raw sewage into the ocean,has forever and plans to continue to do so. Halifax finally quit pumping raw sewage into the harbour in 2008.

Quebec is against the energy east pipeline and many on the west coast are against any more pipelines to the coast. I certainly wouldn't want oil to be spilt in the ocean but if I really cared about the environment I wouldn't want my sewage there either. I guess they think that their shit doesn't stink. In my opinion what progressive politicians are doing to Canada certainly does!

The same thing has been going on in Winnipeg for years. That is, pumping raw, untreated sewage into the Red River.
    Their solution? Shut down hog farm expansion.

Comment

Hamloc: Agreed the dumping of sewage in St Lawrence is disgusting but the real hypocrisy is not limited to progressive politicans. The federal Conservative government was informed of this planned dump 18 months ago. The original date for the start of the dump was to be Oct 18th 2015. But on Oct 14th, the Con minister of environment put the plan on hold calling for a third party review. Interesting that the Cons had 18 months notice yet waited until just before the election to make it an issue - just before the election. Now that is hypocrisy!

And it should also be noted this is the 3rd dump of raw sewage by Montreal into the St Lawrence in the last 8 eight years. I wonder why the Conservative opposition is making an issue of this dump when they had no problem with a similar dump a few years earlier while they were governing.

Comment

Absolute urban, Liberal Hypocrisy.

The drama teacher that is the leader of this country is from the home of this Poopgate scandal.
        Elizabeth May is from Victoria where they dump raw sewage into the ocean everyday.

Just guess who will be bath mouthed by our new Environment and CLIMATE CHANGE minister and also Stephane Dion our new Foreighn Affairs Minister............you guessed it the evil oil industry of Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Comment

Sewage systems are normally a municipal cost.
          What are the odds that Montreal wants a Bombardier style bailout for their sewage system?
          They do have their guy as PM now.

Comment

Odds are 100% , and it will happen now that all of a suden out of no where it became news .. It's all b/s politics from whoever is in power.

Comment

They're gonna have to throw an extra 1.5 billion bombardiers way also. might be a buying opportunity on the stock market!

Comment

Meanwhile we as farmers have to pay out of our own pocket for all the emissions b/s on farm equipment which is easily 10% of the cost of machinery like tractors, combine, swathers that we use 200-300 hrs per year.

Comment

Raw sewage going into creeks everywhere including Balgonie.

Comment

U guys are right on all accounts. Manitoba government had a meeting a few years back asking us what we thot would be good action to take on nutrient build up in the lakes and rivers. They were suggesting no animal waste application and late fertilizer applications. I politely said u shud be asking the mayors of all the towns and cities that dump there shit into the rivers which just happen to end up in the lakes what they will do to reduce nutrient build up. Ask the rich cottage owners who live in Winnipeg if they will quit sending there shit down the river which ends up floating right in front of there pretty water front property.
                    They find it easy to divide and conquer us farmers. We are easy to blame and easy to eliminate. Pisses me off what they did to our hog industry. ****ing morons believe that phos in pigshit is highly mobile yet the phos in peoples detergent wont hurt the rivers and lakes. Dum asses

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...