• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agriville Edit Button

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agriville Edit Button

How important would it be to you to have an edit button. Do you want to change the content of your post or correct spelling/grammar mistakes? Or do you think it even matters.

Personally I believe we shouldn't be able to change what we've posted. Just that people need to take responsibility for what they post, they can always post again if they want to retract, apologize, or defend their comments. I wouldn’t provide an edit button for only that reason. Threads and subsequent posts may not make sense if you can alter earlier posts.

Maybe not to change the intent but I sure don't like reading my posts with bad grammar or spelling.

Comment

Bucket, I think we can all get past our bad spelling and grammar. We all basically speak english and can "interpret" the intent. Giving us the ability to change mistakes still won't change people's lack of punctuation, spelling and grammar. Sometimes I find it difficult to decipher what's being said but re-read it.

We aren't being marked like we wrote an english exam..... it's a forum to exchange ideas, debate, and learn from others.

Comment

We should post under our real names too.

Comment

What happened to email notifications and return to forum after posting?

Comment

Who wouldn't post here if they couldn't post anonymously? I provided my cell number once and only two people were curious.

Comment

I think the anonymous thing is ok for me, just because sometimes one uses examples of neighbors, or certain things are said which may not want to be shared locally for specific reasons????

In case they are watching.

I know and have talked to several on here personally. I just think it would be strange if my neighbors were on here: I let a lot of information out about my farm, and if they knew, they would be lined up at the end of the driveway, waiting for the official death of my farm!

If I were using my name, I would certainly post differently for those reasons. I feel I would be far less open. The few I talk to on here, I trust, and they are not quite right in my personal farming space. lol!

Comment

There would be prolly only you and a handful posting if it wasn't anonymous, dangerous too.

Comment

Edit buttons are commonplace on many forums. Often you can only edit it until someone makes a first response or for 5 minutes or something. When I am bouncing around on the tractor, with iPhone autocorrect I am often left shaking my head as to what I just posted.

Comment

Prolly isn't a word. And that's reason enough why you would want to stay anonymous, or at least have the edit button. All works together nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                      Prolly isn't a word. And that's reason enough why you would want to stay anonymous, or at least have the edit button. All works together nicely.
                      Informal from "Oxford". You can't imagine what passes for English these days.

[URL="http://http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/prolly"]http://http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/prolly[/URL]

Comment

Tweety, go catch a mouse.

Comment

I would like the option to fix my errors like on other chat forums.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...