• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land ownership laws in Sask & Can

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the government should pass laws that only people that are allowed to invest in sask land have to live within 10 miles of land and are older than 18 and younger than 30..Oh ya and can not own more than 12 quarters.That otta send the message that Sask is no longer opened for business.

Comment

Just read because farmers think land should be owned by farmers.Sask government land rent will be going up by 30 % for the next 2 years to try to push farmers to buy it.

Comment

It's an opportunity for them to buy the stuff , in some cases, they've been farming for decades. Prices have gone up, do you want the Gov to sell it to them at 1980's prices? They will be getting a bit of a deal to start with.

Comment

Was thinking buying mine anyway as rent has doubled in the last 2 years.only have 1 so not a big deal for me but the ranchers with over 50% of their land lease land it will slow down the young farmers for sure. And if they raise rent guess where the private pasture rent is going.Can see rent taking a jump in many areas of Sask if less land available to rent.The old saying is whenever there is action you can expect a reaction.

Comment

well tell you what newguy , they should buy it ! but should be tendered with first rite of refusal . they've been renting it to people for SFA for years . could never understand why it wasn't rented at fair market value . now they get to buy it for a percentage under market value . not so nice for us that never got sweet deal ?? and I'll bet even though it's doubled in rent , probably still nowhere near market rent

Comment

In the past people have paid good money for improvements and to take over the lease.Will hurt some of the original ranches that lease 10 to 30 sections.when I started I out bid Landbank to buy land.Land is up in price but so is fence and dugout. And mine never had either when we got it.3 men switched off pounding posts by hand.This land was not being used before and now you say it should be put up to public for tenders?

Comment

no sorry , was talking about land bank land only . big thing here in the eighties was sell land to land bank , kids rent it forever at half the rent rates . mostly good NDP ers got it

Comment

Yep know all about the Land bank days. They were the ones I had to out bid.33 times ass.

Comment

What about out of country land owners. 36 qtrs owned by a guy in Ireland.

Comment

tstep , is that legal ?

Comment

Devil's advocate:

What if the guy from Ireland had family in Canada that willed him that land?

Does lineage account for anything if they live outside the country and were never residents? Can it legally be willed to a non resident?

Comment

The whole thing I am ticked about is NDP made me pay more for my land And Sask Party wants me to sell it cheaper .Both for the sake of young farmers.Governments should just stay out of it.

Comment

This guy in Ireland supplied the money to a corporate name for a land manager to buy this land. Loop hole!! What's now when he wills or rolls this land to his family. IMO he should be made to sell it back to a Canadian or loose it.

Comment

What about out of country land owners. 36 qtrs owned by a guy in Ireland.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...