• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDQ and grade/px spreads

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDQ and grade/px spreads

It would seem with the new way of selling cwrs wheat having a grade 1 or 2 or a protein from 12 to 14 % is almost meaningless in terms of discount/premium.

What has changed?

Oh come on.....!

Comment

More specifically then, was the CWB payment for protein a complete fraud?

That the "plan" was simply a discount/premium schedule for farmers only and had nothing to do with the real world?

Comment

A better question might be: would the end user accept 12% px if the ordered 13.5% px?

Comment

"Generic" up the driveway and into the pit..."specific" down the spout into the car.

Comment

Apparently most know less then i do about this.

Comment

How are your wheat sales tweety?

Comment

Fine. but thats not the question

Comment

Please oh please, educate us with your opinion.

Comment

Wow, is this really happening?

Comment

If you don't think grade and protein don't matter, sign a contract with a US mill for #1 CWRS 13.5% px and deliver #2 CWRS 12% px.

Whats your explanation?

Lots of better quality wheat around this fall compared to the last couple of years might explain the lack of difference.

My explanation of the importance of the specs and the possible reason of lack of difference is better than dragging the defunct CWB into it with an explanation of a facade price schedule.

If for a minute you think the current marketing environment hasn't allowed the handlers to extract more of the value of grain for themselves, well.... . And that was my "Oh, come on...." explanation, sorry I wasn't more specific. Thought it was obvious.

Comment

I don't have an explanation. Its why i asked.

Comment

There is my two cents worth, possibly worth exactly what it cost this forum---nothing.

If you feel I owe you an apology, consider it done, I'm sorry.

You and others must have an opinion. Let's here them.

Comment

Same old story, good wht. is easier to sell than poor wht.as long as you have 13.5 protein you have nothing to worry about.When their is a shortage of high protein wht. in the world, then protein will be worth more.

Comment

farma, nothing to apologize for at all, i just am wondering why.

I really don't think we will ever again see much difference between a #1 and #2 and anything much different above 12 or 13% px.

Someone must have some knowledge in this area. I do not.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...