• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great harvest video....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great harvest video....

The Promise of Agriculture...

Comment

"Can we feed and fuel 9.7 billion people in 2050?"

It's just a commodity. And we get paid accordingly until market dynamics like in lentils and mustard occur this year. Will we ever see this in wheat, corn, soybean and canola? I'm feeling so warm and fuzzy I had to take some clothes off.

Comment

Nice video but reality is wheat for pig feed is worth more per AC than high quality wheat

Comment

We should all be able to farm with shiny new toys!

Comment

Furrow, bacon for everyone! see thread below..

Comment

Ya , seen that lol

Comment

Looks good. Keep feeding the world.

I remember a quote from the New Holland News magazine some time in the early 90's.

"Never have so few, fed so many, for so little. "

Somehow, we are supposed to be happy about that. It is what it is.

Comment

Those videos always remind me of the propaganda films put out for war efforts or the former Soviet Union

Comment

A few years ago that video would have inspired me . Today , with the exploding cost and risk involved with net returns getting squeezed tighter and tighter even with good crops .. Not so much
                    Everyone in the input chain up and down is pissing there pants with glee to extract every last dollar we try to make - I am only 44 but the future is a lot more questionable now than just a few years ago. The massive risk in land , machinery , parts and crop inputs have taken the shine off the primary producer outlook - well this one anyway.

Comment

It is a well done video but it sends the message that all is well when in fact its really nothing like that at all. Wheres the people hovering around the broken down combine, or worse a full grain cart?
                      Where is the little pile of grain where the chute didnt quite close properly? Where is the lender visiting to discuss the massive line if credit necessary to make it happen? What about the employee who didnt show up because he is hungover of making amends with his old lady?
                      What about the shitty looking 25 year old auger tractor? How about the new cart tractor that wont move until $1100.00 pays the kid to reflash the computer because of a faulty sensor? How much interest is being paid to grow the commodity for 5% below cost of production?
                      Nobody cares, they are busy dealing with their own lives and respectfully so.

Comment

Hey, this film crew is unbelievable, I never saw them while we taking off our corn crop!!!

Comment

Always the biggest and best of everything. My wheat crop produced swaths, off a wide throat Macdon header, that had a "dribble" off each canvas and a space between them. Thank God I was able to pick it all up(this isn't about the merits of straight cutting or a debate over it). Don't see that often in the feel good videos, eh! Or stuck tractors and sprayers, only the glory not the pain.

Enjoy your reasonably priced food. You're welcome!

Comment

LOL Foragefarmer! I was thinking the same thing!
                            Although, good thing the camera crew wasn't filming when I punched myself in the face with a 15/16' wrench while tightening the swather d****r......that would have been spectacular with that soundtrack!! lol

Comment

Nice promtional video if you are a machinery dealer or seed company. This will not win us any friends in the consumer society.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...