• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fricking Rain! Early this morning!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fricking Rain! Early this morning!

Looked like one day left today and we would be done. Quit last night late after a great day doing Canola. Finally dry and went through like shit through a goose. Awesome great day.
    Almost full moon and stars out late last night who would of thought no sign of rain. But no not in this part of the world the fricking rain hits at 5 just as if it was trying to get the last guys still harvesting. And what nice colors on the Radar.
    So who knows how much but again for the last day of harvest if the wind comes out probably all will have to be dried today if we get going at all.
    We need a drought and a very good one.
    480 acres to go and she is all over.

It is Sunday SF3,

Enjoy life a little!

Still 360ac of flax left... not dry for the first time yet... perhaps by Friday we can finish!!!

Those clouds were really moving fast... El Nino jet stream is gaining strength... As Mexico and Texas... 20 inches in some places! Union Pacific train on its side in the flooded mess!

Comment

If there's a "chance" of rain SF3 is going to get it and we probably won't.

Comment

Farm did you see that on radar. Out of nothing Even had a red in it. Water in yard. I guess like tom said I sit back and hope to be going by Saturday. Oh we have rain and snow showers all week. Yea like that's going to happen.
        Oh well. Rain makes Grain. HA HA

Comment

Light dusting of snow here.

Comment

I hope you get that last bit (in your world).

Seems the longer it takes, the more days you need to finish when you do get going.

Comment

That sucks! !!! My buddy from stoon texted me last night said it rained him out doing oats.

Here we had a clear sky. First rain this year that didn't get us...

Freewheel did you get any of that snow???

Comment

Yeah it rains here every 4 days. When stuff is about to be able to be rammed through the combine, it rains a bit more. Water running in the fields, sloughs FULLER than spring.

Canola was down to 13 yesterday. Tuesday - Wednesday calling for a mix of rain and snow. After that it actually looks ok at this point, but if it were not for these every 4 day rains, it would be a cakewalk. I envy the guys in the dry zone. Harvest must be a joke when it is dry!

Combined for 4 hours yesterday. 1.2 miles per hour. NOT going through worth a crap at all. This is just stupid. When you hit a spot where the canola climbs up the pickup a bit, it is a real snotty, shiny mess when it flips over. I tested and retested, because it is hard to believe that it is as dry as it is. And then teh sun dropped, the moon came out, and it was game over, everything was soaking wet. Not easy to dry when the soil is either saturated or is water underneath.

Real long days now... lol

Comment

Frustrating if I would of left three quarters south we would finish today! No rain over their sun shining! Here mud! Shower popped up out of nothing for 60 miles then gone! Same path all year!

Comment

Free,

Hope El Nino and the long warm fall come as predicted! Some years... NOVEMBER... is the best harvest month!

All the best... flax not dry yet for the first time!!! Killing frost is needed... according to old timers!!!

Soon we hope!!!

CHeers!

Comment

Problem rain is forcast for Tuesday! Not showers but rain!

Comment

Ground white here this morn.Guys still have crop out..

Comment

Free do yiu have lots standing ? We will prob finish tomorrow ours and a friends. We can have a claas and or an 8570 out there next week all it would cost ya is fuel. Just say the word.

Comment

Klause. I will let you know. I appreciate the offer very much! I have a buddy who is supposed to bring his pair he hopes as well. I have 300 of swathed canola, and 300 of standing faba beans and 120 of "standing" (do not get me started on STUPID champion barley. If you want to straight cut barley, DO NOT grow Champion, it breaks off like no other) barley.

Good news is I took a few acres of the faba beans, and they combine like a dream. LIKE A DREAM! lol I am not worried about them at all, they are and will stand fine through whatever comes, and they can be combined at a good pace. But I gotta get this canola. It is pretty valuable in spite of the heavy hail it took.

The barley? Well if it is like the last quarter I took, if I don't get it, it aint gunna kill me. Half the heads are plastered into the ground. It is a pathetic variety. It goes from just swathable, and then when it is about 25% moisture, it starts to fall over and snap off. I think I will go back to copeland. I should not have done this crappy variety again, I just thought it must be conditions of one year. But it is EVERY year. If you swath early, fine, but we are not a very strong swath area.

That said, I am going to swath it next week in case it does have to winter out.

Comment

Freewheat,

The fabas should be dry and ready first.

We have had problems with them shelling after they get ripe for a while... be careful you don't lose a bunch on the ground... if they are hard to the chew... they are likely ready... just like Justin was on the 19th!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...