• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote and Vote Often!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote and Vote Often!

Ok I live in a riding that has been the same guy for as long as I can remember but you know what I still vote.
    If you want to bitch you have to vote other wise you have no right to.
    Yes its a seat that's always been Liberal but still I'm voting and voting often.
    Got my Winter skidoo mask and Touque and I'm ready to go. Now that's Canadian.

You will need a nicab for that. They will see right through the ski mask. Multiple votes for leftist parties only.

Comment

Voted in Advance poll... SF3...

Took an hour but our family affair got done Monday last week! Big line up! Clerks for Elections Canada were sure grumpy that so may showed up!!!

Comment

Sf3 - with all respect, your premise about not voting/not "complaining" is entirely wrong.

While voting is certainly an important 1st step, everyone who pays taxes and is affected by government decisions has not only the right, but also the responsibility to give criticism and guidance to government issues.

Otherwise, anyone who is too young to vote would be stripped of their right to participating in an integral part of the democratic process.

Furthermore, nothing irks me more than those who think they've done their duty by visiting the poll station and then sitting back and wondering why things go to hell in a handcart when they never bother to pick up the phone or otherwise communicate with their representative - federal, provincial or municipal.

Those who vote (or not) and then only speak their mind on political matters at the coffee shop are like kids who finish Gr. 1 in school and think they have completed their education.

Fire away - I sure hope this thread gets a lively response and discussion.

Comment

Do agree Burnt, have lots of responses from letters written over the years.
          Do believe however, local representation has less effect than years ago....the group at the top seems to make most of the decisions now. And those at the top are less likely to read or listen....IMO....

Comment

Burnt,

As a person with a Minister for an MP... Sorenson [Minister of State for Finance]... it has been a real eye opener.

What a difficult balancing skill is needed in leading our Country... which is so diverse and has many competing interests to weigh!

Walk a mile in their shoes. Then see how well they actually did with all the complex and difficult issues that had to be dealt with!

Comment

Agree burnt, is that why there is such a hard time finding reps for commissions? Lots of talk but those to do the real political work and commit to pushing back are far and few between?

Comment

MP Kevin is a wonderful Minister and MP. I am on his CA Board... MP Kevin always went the extra mile to meet folks and respond... even though MP Minister Sorenson was elected with the highest percent win!

Threats on MPDavid Anderson made his and his families lives difficult.

No cake walk being an MP. Let alone being a Minister on top!

Comment

No sense in bringing up threats he is still on the government tit.

Pretty good gig for anderson really.

It will be close to 20 years in a large riding of doing nothing but larking for Ottawa and his masters.

Comment

Anderson doesn't listen. Maybe part of the problem.

And I think he hears things differently.

Being called stupid to him may be a threat.

In reality it may be the truth.

Comment

David Anderson has had threats ??
                      I know he's been accused of being a useless dud, who only good at showing up at pancake breakfasts and parades and never answers an email.
                      he could be long dead and buried,
                      As long as somebody keeps putin up the frickin Gigantic lawn signs ,he'll keep getting elected

Comment

Vote , itss payback for Harper and Ritz. Too bad we can't cut their pensions.

Comment

With the east otentially being split between Tories and the Grits, the Western vote may have more influence on the outcome of this election and ever before.

Like Doug Ford (yes, that Ford...), "If Trudeau becomes PM and Wynne is Premier of Ontario, God help this country."

Comment

All the typos in that comment - I might as well start over:

With the east potentially being split between Tories and the Grits, the Western vote may have more influence on the outcome of this election than ever before.

Like Doug Ford said (yes, that Ford...), "If Trudeau becomes PM and Wynne is Premier of Ontario, God help this country."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...