• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Minister Gerry... for helping make this happen!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Minister Gerry... for helping make this happen!!!

The Ag Transport Coalition Grain Week 9 railway performance measurement report is attached. The report covers 90% of grain movement originating in Western Canada.

The weekly report details railway performance for the current grain year across a range of key indicators including rail car demand, railway car supply, timeliness of railway car supply in response to weekly customer orders, unfulfilled shipper demand, corridor performance, railway dwell times at origin and railway dwell times at destination.

Key figures from Grain Week 9:

CN and CP supplied 8,698 (88%) of the 9,840 hopper cars ordered for delivery in Grain Week 9 resulting in 1,142 hopper car orders remaining outstanding.
    Timeliness of car supply: CN supplied 94% and CP 82% of the hopper cars that were ordered for Grain Week 9.
    Non-bulk, USA/Mexico, Canadian domestic performance: CN supplied 91% and CP 66% of the hopper cars ordered for Grain Week 9.
    Thunder Bay performance: CN supplied 97% and CP 73% of the hopper cars ordered for Grain Week 9.
    735 (8%) of the cars ordered for Grain Week 9 were supplied early (the prior week).
    Grain Year to Date

90% of hopper car orders have been delivered by CN and CP for the want week.
    7% of hopper car orders have arrived 1 week late.
    3% of hopper car orders are outstanding.
    1166 cars supplied by railways have been rejected by shippers as unsuitable for loading due to mechanical or sanitary reasons.
    Past weekly reports can be found on the Ag Transport Coalition website: www.agtransportcoalition.com

* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), the Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, the Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), The Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association (COPA), the Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).

Good thing you went on a hunger strike.
    Did Nigel wright or the reform party pay your 400000 court bill?
    Is the reform party paying for these adds?

Not sure how they are collecting this info our terminals here can't move a thing and wheat has to go into another farming area but they aren't taking any either?

Comment

Grain co head office decides which points get cars.

Comment

On another thread, Ritz is criticized for suggesting that increasing land prices are an indication of prairie grain farm profitability.
        Can recall the same message from a Liberal govt cabinet minister in the past.
        Do not think we really lost billions but increased capacity is something to keep pressure on govt and industry for future.

Comment

Increased land prices in Sask have more to do with outside investment than economics of growing crops. We were due for an increase to "catch up" to other provinces but the pendulum has swung too far. Some guys are buying with reluctance but seems the investment type (parking someone else's money in the farming operation) are still going strong. ....easy to spend naive investors money.

Comment

Hopalong

With recent MOU for the TPP what you just said is going to make the difference.

It's not good enough for guys like ritz to come back and say the tpp is good for Canadian farmers if at the end of the day we can't access those markets because the domestic transportation infrastructure doesn't allow it.

Then add in what is fact with additional potash and other exportors looking forward to moving more product.

If canada ever fired on all cylinders we could still be put into a recession because of a similar situation as 2013.

We haven't put on our infrastructure big boy pants yet.

We had better hurry up because if brazil gets their Chinese partner to build a railway even the Americans are going to be saying wtf.

Climate is a difficult thing in canada - it naturally shuts us down for a while. But with proper planning and a better north south infrastructure network we could access markets cheaply year round.

But it does take vision and money.

Much like Churchill being the cheapest port to haul to so should getting access to the US infrastructure by rail.

G3 investing in Hamilton is great but what if they built a port or had access on the Mississippi?

Global competition won't be kind to north America if they don't start looking for better ways as a team approach to move product.

Comment

Exactly what did the Minister do?

Bacically nothing, the same as when there was a back log. Pretty rich to give credit for doing squat!!

Comment

Baird on the board of CP rail says it all. Admit it T4 Cons schill for Rail. I really don't think any of the politicians can't be seduced by the Railways.

Comment

Did Gerry wave his wand and make a smaller crop in alberta and sask therefore clearing the grain backlog.

Thanks Gerry

Comment

Was there a small crop in Saskatchewan and Alberta?

Comment

I think we'll see a bit of pressure come the new year with basis. Railways have been feeding elevators pretty good to get ahead but their openly increasing oil again in the next few months. Time will tell but we might have to ignore those port prices again this winter to stay sane. Regardless of what Ritz says about transportation not costing farmers because of no more agrisability claims in that year. We all know the lost potential. Sorry byt With above record yields and above average prices (world) in '13 we should have seen a big return. First thing so far that I think Ritz has not fully accepted but we know we have a voice with him. We just have to be the loudest and most convincing.

Comment

I just about shit myself laughing....

Saying there was no loses due to the lack of rail service because there was no AgStab payments that year? Seriously.

O-88, my crop was kinda shitty. I definitely don't have a lot of volume but the quality is pretty darn good.

Comment

If I have to be brow beaten down "by the Industry" to the point I need to survive or stay in business with a gutted Agristability program, I'm out hopefully long before I let that happen. Then the parasites can suck the blood of someone else

Comment

Seriously, this report card, the brain child of PULSE CANADA has been providng data that key to holding railways accountable to a level of service which is finally showing signs of reliability.

Good grief.

Comment

wonderful all around .
                              my own MP gerry ritz wins the the award
                              for the stupidest comment ever made by an agriculture minister , living or dead.
                              i thought Lyle van Cleif would own that title forever.
                              but nope Ritz's comment , "that the rail backlog never cost farmers anything"
                              no one will ever top that

another nation of complete morons would be required to elect a govt that would put that man in charge of anything. never happen
                              the title stays here forever.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...