• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trudeau...asking Canadians for a majority government

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trudeau...asking Canadians for a majority government

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau says he is asking Canadians for a majority government on Oct. 19.

Trudeau made the comments during a campaign stop in Hamilton today.

"Am I asking Canadians to vote for us? Yes. Am I asking them to vote for us across the country? Yes. Am I asking them for a majority government? Yes."

Trudeau did not repeat his comments in English.

When asked by a CBC reporter about the chances of a Liberal majority, Trudeau dodged, delivering a rambling two-minute answer in which the word "majority" was never mentioned. With that, the Liberal leader ended his question and answer session.

With just five days remaining in the campaign, the Liberals do not want to appear overconfident, despite their surge in the polls.

Trudeau's comments today prompted an e-mail from Liberal organizers to reporters covering the Trudeau campaign, reminding them both Conservative Leader Stephen Harper and NDP Leader Tom Mulcair have called on Canadians to give their parties a majority in the House of Commons.

The question that won't go away: Coalition?

Trudeau was also asked today about the possibility of co-operation or even a coalition with the NDP in the event of a minority Parliament.

The Liberal leader said his party has a history of working across the aisle in the House of Commons but steered clear of specifics.

"What Canadians don't want is politicians organizing backroom deals around who actually gets to wield power," Trudeau said.

"We will put the service of Canadians at the front of everything we do."

One thing for sure is no one will team up with Harper in a minority government.Harper stated earlier in the election he will resign if he does not win a majority government.He also was suppose to have an interview with CTV Nation news as all the leaders were also.Harper was the only one to cancel his interview.

Comment

At least it looks like no majority, for which I am actually thankful. Hopefully, we can get back to democracy in this country and a properly functioning responsible parliament. Don't know that I want a liberal majority but have certainly had enough of a Harper led majority. Could I please have my PC party back!

Comment

Braveheart

Since you made this comment on a thread that was very sensitive,I did let it go:

"Forage, you could have just let it go"

Now, I'm asking for your permission if I can make a comment toward Tom's above post? Because, no matter how asinine Tom's post's may be, I'm the one nitpicking, and we all know YOU think your the voice of reason here on Agriville!!!

Comment

Forage, knock yourself out. Go for it. Vvalk and MB will cheerlead for you. (Can't wait to see Vvalk with pompoms and spirit fingers. Should be good entertainment in New Orleans).

The difference is this isn't a thread about a tragedy, although it might well become one.

Comment

Oh and Forage, when it comes to me, all that matters IS what I think.

Comment

Braveheart

Going to the Big Easy eh!! Based on your posts here on Agriville, I picture a guy like you maybe going Grand Forks or Fargo for excitement!!!

Braveheart, no need getting cheeky towards other posters, you and I can keep this between us!!!!

Comment

what exactly is this thread about?

aren t all the parties running trying to get a majority? So he s asking for one, so what?

making an issue about this is about as desperate as stevie asking the coccain fords for help too funny!

Comment

No Forage if I get to Brandon every six weeks it's a wonder. Just lovin the country and farm life. But we'll see about NOLA next March.

Comment

Harper had the Ford's present to get advice on legalizing pot, as he wants to keep pace with Mulcair's announcement of today.

Hey, these guys know their drugs better than anybody! You know those Con/Reformer's they never touch the stuff!!!

Comment

Harpers new ads I think makes him sound like he is begging and desperate.He only has the boogie man scare tactic left.

Comment

Man you guys got nothing better than to scrap over every word they either guy posts. All I have to say is Geez you are a petty bunch. Maybe too long with no ear plugs, or something.

Comment

The obvious question is does everybody believe the polls? Is the NDP's popularity really at 24-25%. Are the Liberal really leading? Media outlets like the CBC and the Toronto Star are so far up Trudeau's butt I sometimes question their information. I certainly think the progressives have dicided to back the Libs.

Comment

Election night is going to be FUN FUN FUN, can't wait. Agree NO Con majority, Harper resigns, so does Mulcair if NDP comes in third.

Comment

So harper and prentice both lose and they throw in the towel?

Why bother.

Harper should have resigned before if that's his plan along with a bunch of other mps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...