• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little funny Story from Saturday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little funny Story from Saturday!

Some of you just don't get how much trouble some farms are in. The boom is definitely done, gone ended what every. We are now in a slide in prices.
    But for the funny story.
    On sat as I pull in to harvest a three quarter block of Canola a truck comes racing to combine one and a guy gets out and runs up the ladder.
    I stop to see What's going on.
    He informs me he is a custom harvester hired by a Company in Regina to harvest my neighbours crops. We had heard rumors all season but weren't sure what was going on.
    He informed me the company said that their was a square section of Canola on South side of the road.
    I laughed they should get their facts strait about whos Canola is whos.
    He said he thought it was odd since our field looked way different than the other thee.
    I politely told him that he better not harvest the fourth quarter or him and the management company were going to be in for one hell of a shake up.
    I explained the neighbour has three on that side of the road and I own the fourth.
    He left. Nice guy just doing his job for a management company that cant even get its shit together to inform their employees what's they have taken over.
    So a little buyer or Borrower beware the commercials on radio sound real good but if you cant pay they get take over.

Question 1

Is this a result of selling canola at a discount for future years to get cash?

We don't have to name company names.

I like 20 question games.

Yes or no will do.

Comment

The 50% rule:
      50% of farms carry no debt or use debt to their advantage.
      The other 50% have debt levels that are significant to burdensome.

Comment

Bingo we have two winners.

Comment

Good thing he had the sense to stop and check or your canola could be used to help the investment company pay their debts.

Comment

That could have been a wreck..Heard of spraying wrong field before.But not sure it has anything to do with a signal of a down turn in grain farming.

Comment

Sf3, one more year and you can take over that land for cheap and tell the management company to pound sand.
              When you stop in at that neighbors for coffee bring your chequebook.

Comment

Bto professional farm Corp here wants to rent out their land now... on crop share. You pay all expenses they get 41%. Here's the kicker you gotta store their portion until they market it.... and if the crop is less than their market average uou have to come up with cash rent.

They wonder why nobody wants to dive in

Comment

Klause, They CAN'T be THAT stupid...

Comment

That's *** stupid!! Anybody that takes that on has granite between the ears.

Comment

That deal would be insanity.

Comment

A saavy farmer would accept the offer for one year theng re negotiate future years. Everyone else will say they are crazy but they will get to run over that land on better terms, their farm will expand while everyone else wont bother with that land.
                        Its all about saying yes when nobody else will.

Comment

If we move to 50% absentee land ownership like US, management companies will be involved.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...