• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vale

Can someone explain to me how a Brazilian miner with horrible reputation of exploitation can walk in and buy up 15000 acres of prime farmland just outside of Regina? The Sask Farm Land Security Act S84(1) states "no non-Canadian-owned entity may have or acquire an aggregate land holding of more than 10 acres".

I think that law has loop holes in it so big that a small country can slide thru it with ease

Comment

Everything is for sale with mr wall. He s the one that openes this crap up. Now he s crappin the pants because of the surprise to him survey results saskatxhewan and Canadians do not want to be sold out and should nt be.

Comment

So why didnt you buy it?

Comment

I hardly think Vale's intent was to get into farming. They even sold some of the houses off the yard sites.

I personally can't imagine there is enough room for all the existing and proposed mines in today's market. Although these are loooong term projects.

And if everything is Sask was for sale, why didn't the Sask Party sell the Potash Corp when they had a chance?

Comment

If its the land East of Regina, south of white city it was for a proposed solution potash mine. Shity sandy land on some of it. The rest is average to some nice stuff.

Comment

Let's review brad wall's record.

Funds a stadium with no roof. He like foozball. He also reminds me of the water boy.

He helps fund the ring road bypass in regina only to end up in the city. And cost have tripled in a month. He likes to spend.

He allows cppib to buy land. Essentially farmers funding the scheme. Haven't quite figured that out.

The government is also in the process of giving away a 100 million dollar infrastructure to about 30 farmers. The highest subsidized farmers at about 5000 dollars per acre.

Stellar absolutely stellar.

Comment

Yup, didn't go far enough around Regina in my opinion.

Comment

It's more like 60,000 acres.

Comment

They probably did it during the review or with the distraction of the cppib purchase.

Comment

http://www.vale.com/canada/en/business/mining/fertilizers/vale-fertilizers-in-canada/pages/kronau.aspx

Comment

Correct me if Im wrong , but didn't Calvert open up the farm ownership laws. And good on him, was badly needed here. I do know of one investor who was told to divest of his property because of not meeting the rules. He personally farmed the land here but lived overseas for 8 months a year.

Comment

SF3 I know that land well very little is marginal mostly very nice.

Comment

Anyone that wants to sell out to foreign ownership at the expense of the future generation of saskatchewan's children do not deserve to own the land they currently own IMO.

Comment

I agree , just look at the oilpatch and all the rest of Canada and sask resources that we have lost control of , why in hell do we want more of that ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...