• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frost

The brass monkey is finally neutered here. -6 this am. Weather should hold enough here now to get it off.

we haven't even saw -1 here yet ? maybe to far north ?

Comment

3 here now in NE Sask.

Appears southern areas getting the harder frosts so far.

Comment

Frost is "forecast" for here tonight.

Comment

Central Alberta east of red deer -4.

Comment

TOM4CWB Reply posted Oct 5, 2015 6:16
            Minus 7 Now... below freezing since sunset last night. 3 RV sewer dumps going on ... just up side roads from main Hiway... hoses draining RV tanks...on way home from EDM.

Some People are environmental morons.

Comment

I need a frost like that to kill off the green barley and faba beans. Have only had one brief minus two frost.

Comment

We had that -5.6 last week, most problem areas and second growth still green, most vol canola still flowering. Me thinks you need a -8 or so

Comment

My plow down peas are still growing strong. Planted first week of August, now over a foot tall.

Comment

What would a hard killing frost do to quality of what is left out there? Lots of wheat out yet.

Comment

The majority of the standing wheat is all dessicated, it should be fine. The guys who swathed around here have some major issues. The old guy who sold half his farm 7 quarters for 2.8 million dessicated then swathed is crying the most about feed wheat. Every year is different. You win some and you learn some.

Comment

If the wheat got soft in all the RAIN/ humidity, the elevator magnifying glasses under bright lights will see BRAN FROST=FEED!
                        Wow, $2500 per acre, would you know/guess at the assessment of the 7?

Comment

From my little tour of the north East this week end, the amount of wheat left to be harvested, my family could eat in a week.

Comment

Big family, huh?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...