• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This wasnt a rain it was a soaker!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This wasnt a rain it was a soaker!

It started Friday at around 7 pm with mist that went most of the night we missed the big rain that was just east of us about 5 to 10 miles. Then Saturday some were harvesting around Yorkton but our area ended up with half a inch. Yes that was Saturday till noon. Then Saturday after noon the mist came back and went most of the night and all day Sunday and is just as we speak leaving our area.
    Its not that were not use to this shit but god it gets sick after a while.
    Were down to only 23 quarters and happy to be this far along. This fall we have had more funny showers than ever before. On the drive back I can be rained out but once I get about 10 miles away its nice and missed rain event.
    We will get this harvest done but Big tires and Dif lock plus good tow straps and work boot of choice the rubber boot gets really tiring.
    Don't know the total as still haven't made the drive out but if one night gave a half inch extra rain my guess is 1.5 to 2.
    On bright side its made the fall work decision really easy again. Black is back.

Your curse is my blessing. .95 of an inch here . Yup a real nice soaker

Comment

Ah I like to spread the wealth. Ha Ha. I at one time in my farming life really did love to hear the sound of rain.

Comment

Neighbors had three class 8 IH combines in the field beside us, cleaned off 600 acres in a day, impressive and fun to watch. Productivity may not be there now but alot of iron can take off a lot of crop. There will be nice days ahead.

Comment

Yea when we roll it won't take long but year goal was to be done by Monday thanksgiving!
          A goals you always have to change!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...