• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Tired of our Political System

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Tired of our Political System

With the personal putdowns, money spent on "strategists" ...winner take all even though they may only have a small percentage of the vote.
    Each of these leaders has something to offer, and if civil debates could happen and they could work together, think of what they could accomplish!
    So much time and effort wasted on putting each other down, how nasty they are to each other...and that filters down and becomes acceptable. Look how people treat each other on this site! Disrespect spreads...especially when it is excepted by our leaders....of course kids think its acceptable as well.
    Solution....get rid of parties...elect a representative that will stand up for Canada, instead of their leader.
    IMHO....
    Other solutions???? or let the nastiness continue?

Yep .totally agree.An old fashion political correction is not enough of a change for me.We have a prime minister. Not a president.Time we sent a true rep from our area.

Comment

I remember when local reps actually canvased door to door, you met them and they took your concerns forward.

Comment

Believe a number of voters don't even know the names of their candidates, but will check the box of their party.......

Comment

It would be a nice change bit its human nature to align with others to achive your adjenda. I can see a liberal / NDP coalition on the horizon if they cant make a breakthrough this election. Our political system is not designed for independents if would be like a roomful if farmers agreeing on the same thing. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Comment

Independant votes on issues need to be implemented.
            Marijuana
            Refugees
            Etc

Too many things get lumped into one package. Each party has good things and bad.

Comment

Honest question: Are there any examples of governments (larger than the NWT) where there are no party affiliations?

Comment

There are a number of them...however they seem to be communist or dictatorial...
                Proportional representation seems to be more common.
                I just can't get over how we tolerate name calling, bullying, distorting facts, disrespect of others, non tolerance of other's views in our political system and yet expect the population to have a higher standard...ain't goona happen..just like a company, the culture of a company will reflect it's leaders.
                Governances of cities and municipalities seem to work with independents.....

Comment

"There are a number of them...however they seem to be communist or dictatorial..."

And how does this differ from today's political system and parties? Once you're elected you become and mindless drone to the party lines and leaders.

Comment

One of you complainers... run for elected office... and see just how much 'fun' it is to be called every name under the sun... EVEN if/WHEN THE HIGHEST ETHICAL STANDARDS ARE REPRESENTED.

WE HAVE A WONDERFUL ETHICAL AND CARING MP... AND YOU FOLKS THROW HIM UNDER THE BUS WITH PM HARPER. NO human is perfect... SO Crucify everyone. NICE.

A No win deal. Serving people who don't want to care... or be responsible... for future generations or the seniors and most defenceless souls in the Universe.

We will get exactly the GOV we deserve. With the comments here... my expectations are VERY low.

Prayer and Divine intervention... are about my only hope. Just like the weather... I have no control... The fellow who made all this does. I will trust and defer to his judgement.

Comment

"We get the government we deserve", are you setting the stage for a Conservative loss?

Old stale bread gets thrown out.

Pick a master. Maybe the electorate is tired of of this flavor and wants a change. We will know soon enough.

Asking for Divine intervention seems....desperate?

Comment

Tom.do you still remember about 18 months ago I said if conservatives did not change their leader the voters would as a political correction was due.? Your leader fired a canadian and hired an Ausie that lobbies for tobacco companies to run his campaign. Totally against election laws.Who will change the election law this time if he does not get in.Conservatives have spent an unbelievable amount of public and private money on advertising .A true waste .

Comment

With the divisive issues the cons bring up it easy to see how hitler came to power

Comment

When all else fails, compare current leader to Hitler? Classic.

Comment

And call on the lord to sort it out.....OMG

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...