• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravel

I have some gravel on some land, that I would like to try commercialize. Anyone have any advice on how to evaluate the amount and type of gravel?

Most folks use a track hoe and dig... some drill sample holes... more expensive than just digging a hole. Estimate size of deposit. then the size of gravel and percent of rock sizes. Then talk to a crusher salesman... they can tell you whats up

You can lease crushers and sizers for reasonable cost... IF the deposit is good size. Perhaps find a Hutterite neighbour with a trackhoe!

Comment

In our area the main buyers are the RM's and the commercial road construction guys doing oilpatch work. If the rm is looking for gravel they will test themselves.

Comment

Who owns the gravel under the land? The person with surface rights or the person with mineral rights?

Comment

surface rights owns gravel

Comment

Surface rights owns grave if it is on the surface.

Comment

Surface rights owns grave if it is on the surface.

Comment

Have you seen turkey vultures? Wouldn't want my grave on surface.

The landowner owns the gravel, unless it has been specifically taken out of your title by a previous owner of the land.

Comment

Have you seen turkey vultures? Wouldn't want my grave on surface.

The landowner owns the gravel, unless it has been specifically taken out of your title by a previous owner of the land.

Comment

Let's split the aces, and double down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...