• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another weather forecast fail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another weather forecast fail

Still under a fog cloud here.
    Harvest in hold.

Never trust a forecast.

Comment

I noticed that system spinning in from the South yesterday and wondered why Environment Canada thought it was insignificant, but they get paid the big bucks and are probably on the global warming side like our friend Suzuki.

Comment

Wait till the weekend

Comment

We had the fog and high humidity here this morning as well - strange came from the east again ??

Comment

Lasted here till 4 PM yesterday, then a normal heavy October dew last night. Wheat was 21% moisture at noon today

Comment

Drew's forecast last spring was well aimed at the mark. Happy that we could prepare. Got our swathed wheat all off... as forecast predicted almost EXACTLY what happened here this week.

DTN, Acuweather, Farmzone, Enviro-Canada... WeatherNetwork. Good Job.

Comment

Tom, great that you had a good harvest day on Oct 1.
                I noticed Killam was at least 20 degrees for 5 hours and under 50% humidity for 7 hours on October 1.
                Our area reached a high of 13.3 degrees at 5 PM on October 1 and the same hour the humidity made a low for the day of 82%

Very poor planning on our part I know.

Comment

101.... the reason I said never trust a forecast is the odd time I base decisions on a forecast and alot of the time am disappointed. The last example was the widespread fog that rolled in. Could have done some harvesting the afternoon the day before but thought the next day was going to be good. Took a long time before I could get out the next day!

Never trust a forecast....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No worries! We'll get er done. Might have to fire up the drier.
                    Have had a good run and got as much done as possible.

Comment

We needed the dry down Oct 1 to get the 10 hours Oct 2 allowed to harvest the wheat... as forecast here for the past week. I did not make the forecast... nor am in charge of the weather.

All the best with your harvest!

Comment

Well, no kudos for Enviro-Can from me. They missed the forecast issued only the day before for our area by a country mile.

That was the reason for my original post.

Laughable how poor a job they do sometimes.

Comment

There can be many nice days in October. They may be short if humidity is an issue so my advice is to take advantage of every availlable opportunity.

To those who aren't done, good luck and work smart and safe!

Comment

That is why we need way more harvesting capacity on the cooler parts of prairies, the window can be small, this year is NOT like Sept 2014, was a dry harvest month. We dried in Aug and about a third of the wheat total. Would not be finished either wise. For those NOT done, see if you can change something to speed up next harvest, or down size.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...