• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well finally Sunday we got back to some real normal harvesting. Full crew yesterday and now were rolling right along.
    We are just at 60% left with Two days of Cereals then just Canola and Soy.
    Rain is forecast for the weekend but should get to almost all the wheat off and maybe oats before the event happens.
    It seems the Orange party is finally slipping and people are waking up. Phone a friend in Alberta and see how well that experiment is going.
    Our fields are soft the further north we go and having diff lock on the combines does help. Hit water push the hydro forward and hit the diff lock and hope you make it to the other side getting all the wheat heads.
    So here it is.
    HRS is just about all off in our area with a few just wrapping up. Yields were all way from average to above. It will be my last year growing 5603 as straw lodging have taken its toll on me and harvesting. It yields wicked but slow harvesting for the reward. Funny my Midge variety seeded last might be the big winner this year as far as yield. They are finding or should I say with tweezers finding fuz in all samples and grading stupid again. Spray and spray and spray some more the Elevator will always score on sales then grade in the end. Ah what a game.
    Barley is all off in our area with last fields getting harvested the last few days. Yields good to above.
    Flax most are doing now and funny thing with flax it is all over the map. Shitty to what is actually growing in that field to wow what a crop to Holy shit that's a crop.
    Oats is just getting started as some will strait cut and some are swathing hopping to have it off before Saturday.
    Soy will be ready to go in a week as the heavy frosts mon and tues did get things finally shutting down.
    Sorghum was made into bales with only a small patch being harvested. Think Chem burn early on did its thing and caused problems.
    Canola is in full swing with only stuff still out just not ready yet. Late late seeded is at least three weeks away. Funny thing with Canola some guys go early and fight with stems etc. Why not let the shit rot and rot some more you pick up a couple miles a hour and no plugging. Yields are great to awesome in our little area. Funny the 40 acre test plots on strait cut had big time winner and it wasn't what I expected. L140 p did win over my Pioneer by 8 bpa. That's weigh wagon whole plot plus GPS total acreage. Were still going to do some of each next year but for the most part Liberty is winning with L252 out in front by quite a bit. Some guys found that some new varieties grow lots of nice plant and stems but not much for seed. Its like Justin just not ready I guess.
    Most will wrap up canola in two weeks if we get rain.
    Durum is off and their is Fuz again so time will tell.
    Pastures are awesome and so was last cut of hay.
    Moose are all over the place so hopefully those who got drawn get one.
    So be safe have a great week and remember its just a crop that again right on schedule the grain companies have all their ducks in a row making out like bandits on you Mr. Farmer.
    Good harvesting.

Most cross half line before Sat rain.
    Ill be close. All my seed seems ruined. Next year gonna hurt. Looking for all seed. Interesting to hear Invigor still tops. Im waiting for clubroot plus pod shatter variety.

Comment

Half done to all done like us last night. Mostly canola in swath, black as sin from mold, green between swaths. Any cereals that had the rain on swaths are ugly. Standing was barely dry yesterday. As dusty as I have ever seen, not healthy to breath moldy shit. Air filters plug quickly. Crazy humidity, even dryer was slow to remove a few points. Leaving muddy ruts with combine where low spots. Yields average due to 14" of unneeded water that took grain. Acres of weeds where the crop died, weeds are growing with a vengeance after harvest. Lots of spraying needed. Turn the page...nothing great here.

Comment

Will finish today if the fog ever lifts.

Comment

Might get to 20% today if the clouds go away.

Comment

Blackpowder, they certainly are tops at spreading cleavers, group 1 resistance and toxic weeds. Yield is always debatable.

Comment

Yea I agree but two apps liberty get cleavers and 8 bus dif on 5000 acre test plot! 25% rr rest Liberty. 8 x 1300 gives 10000 bus loss or 100000 but I need the rr for some fields

Comment

might as well put those rr fields to soy

Comment

frewheat, have you got a drier?

Comment

Tweety you're right on. Liberty for a herbicide package is a dude. I often wonder how Liberty made it thur the registration process for weed control in Western Canada. Magpie piss has about effectiveness!! In fact Magpie's piss might have the upper hand...

Comment

Well s/f quit using crappy rr varieties, always makes the invigour look good. Kinda like racing a ford focus and a mustang. Comparing chem systems that way is kinda like that without knowing what varieties involved - meaningless.

Comment

Sorry I don't use Crappy RR varieties. Our area again the top one will be Liberty L252.

Comment

You would think after all these yrs. they would have come up with a better Liberty..Less barrels, totes, improved..

Comment

2015 harvest complete, wrapped up at 1am. She was a long grind!! Hope everyone misses the rain this wk end that still has acres to do.

Comment

Down to last third! It's October 1 st not bad. Mud is mud but this year you can cut strait through water the plants off. Did sink grain cart oh well harvest 15 has been fun!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...