• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting

The Conservative government got us through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression -- Canadians say they want change.

The government reduced the GST by two percentage points, a 30% reduction on a tax that we pay on everything -- Canadians say they want a change.

The government introduced pension splitting for retirees (this benefits my wife and me, and most of my retired friends, and we are not rich) ¬-- Canadians say they want change.

The government instituted tax free savings accounts, which benefit anyone willing to save
    -- Canadians say they want change.

The government has negotiated a number of international trade deals which will stand us in good stead in years to come -- Canadians say they want change.

The government stands four square in favour of Israel, a country threatened with extinction by a vastly larger contingent in the area, and the only democracy in the Middle East -- Canadians say they want change.

Canada has been declared the best country in the world in which to live -- Canadians say they want change.

My question to those Canadians who want change is, which of the foregoing would you like to change, why, and what would you replace them with?

And... this Conservative government taught the western world how to deal with Putin and his aggression in Ukraine thereby elevating Canada's stature and international reputation.

Those that want change are those that live off the backs of hard working Canadians, Unions and Civil servents. Oh ya also the young brainwashed students and the Earth muffins, not to mention the New Stock canadians, riders2010, mustardman,and willigro.
    Come on Old Stock Canadians lets shut this leftie crowd up!!!!!

Comment

Crestliner, not sure who you are because I don't recall any other posts from you. The one thing I do agree with is your comment on TFSA's, though you have to be fairly well off to fully take advantage of them. Sure, the gst was lowered but up went the national debt. The rest of the stuff you mention isn't really that relevant to the majority of Canadians.
      I'm trying to be pragmatic. So what outcome will do the most for our economy and in particular our dollar and stock markets? We know what we have with a Harper majority - a 76 cent dollar and a stock market crash. You believe trade deals are a big win for us. But the devil is in the details and we are not privy to those.
      So, at this time what can we assume? Likely a minority govt. If it's a Con minority with a strong NDP-Lib opposition, all I see is huge instability and a lower dollar. If the NDP and Libs form a coalition, there might be more stability, a better dollar and maybe less market jitters. Or maybe not. Maybe the best solution might be a 3 party coalition like 36 of the most stable Democracies around the world have been practicing for decades. But not likely to happen. At the end of the day I agree with Cotton. We finally fell into the toilet bowl and the kitty cat pushed the flush lever. Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Crestliner

Have never seen you post before, being your first post is about how great Harper is, there is only one conclusion, your a CON/Reformer TROll!!!!!

Here's Harper real record:
        -$160 billion added to national debt
        -$750 million wasted on Ads
        -Two recessions within six years
        -75 cent dollar
        -Unemployment at 6.8% young people at 13%
        -gutted all agriculture programs, AgStab, Ag Invest, PFRA, gutted CGC, etc etc
        -Duffy, Wallin, Patrick
        -No Keystone, Northern Gateway

Go reread the PMO speaking points and try again !!

Comment

Pretty sure that's one of the reform nutballs candidates.
          Good of you to actually show us you can speak because none of you represent any of us after the election.

Bread wiener can you actually read? But I have some questions for you are you in crap insurance agri invest? Typical right wing nut job collecting welfare but if you don't like Steve the liar king you must live off the.backs others. Well f you asshole!!!! No I don't have an oil welfare job.

Comment

Anybody ever wonder why don't just elect local reps in our ridings,no political parties and then if motion comes forward to plant trees on the front they just all debate and vote on it.

Comment

Riders2010, what an insult to thr real Riders team. Your a typical left wing nut job. If you are thinking the current finances are a mess just wait till justin or mulcair get of the purse strings. They are nothing but a couple of usless tits just like you!! Cant wait for this conservative win so you can crawl back in your hole for another 4 years.

Comment

when cretian and martin were in power it was a totally different world,everything was running on 8 cyls,stock markets ,oil ontario making cars etc.i dont know how harper caused the oil prices in the world to go down twice in his reign of powerand the world recession.powerful man.

Comment

He opened the door, didn't he Foragefarmer!

Harper slipped "bailin" into the budget so banks can help themselves to your money, and he sure showed veterans how important they are. All the rest of your points are spot on too.

Comment

wakopa

Is the USA in recession right now? How about the oil prices before the recent drop. You don't recall oil being between $80-100 a barrel from Oct/09- Oct/14. Why didn't the economy in Canada improve during this period in time, in fact Harper ran deficits in all but one of these years.

Wakopa, your excuses for Harper are baseless like the rest who post on here defending his poor performance as PM !!!!

Comment

Good Grief, all we can do (politically correct here) is pick the best looking car in the junk yard.

It's sad, but business as usual.

Comment

Don't some of you ever tire? My goodness, maybe try some critical analysis of the deities you worship. Sickening already.

The ****ing sun will continue to rise in the east and set in the west the day after the election.

My belly is full, I'm relatively rested, my house is climate controlled.....

Comment

opening up the cwb sure has soured some you, hasnt it,lol some of us doing very well on our own.screw the cwb.

Comment

wakopa

Not sour at all, but you keep grasping at straws when defending your almighty Con/Reformer Harper on his poor job at PM. You call yourself a Conservative, I really don't think you have a clue at what it means base on your support for Harper.

Comment

Well another week another scandal
                              Jason macdonald.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...