• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedlot manure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedlot manure

Have a large feedlot close that wants to apply manure on my land ... Application costs are around 120$/acre ... Not sure if it's worth the hassle?

A great way to build organic matter! How many tonnes per acre does that apply?

Comment

Is there a value calculation of the nutrients. Are there any viable undesirable weed seeds that you may not already have? Can you seed through the application without any preseed prep or does it have to be worked in

Comment

Rented land or owned.
        $/tonne compost.
        Nutrients are calculable. OM is always good. Thorough annual soil testing would show benefit depending on $/t.
        Always wished I had one close.

Comment

owned land at around 15-20 tonnes/acre ….should be worked in ….land is normally zero tilled…

Comment

Tough call. We put horse manure on that's piled up for a year before hand. Costs about $150-$175 an acre. Put on at 60 tonne to the acre. Needs a quick VT pass. Compaction is an issue if done at the wrong time since you cant spread on snow or frozen ground much anymore. For me is more about the carbon/organic matter. But our OM is relatively low 2-3%

Comment

Organic matter is about 4%... Seems the applicators r getting a lot of the benefit ... 1000$/hr

Comment

If land is worth $10,000/ac much different than $1,000. Long term investment like buying land.

Comment

I find that bullshit gets better yields than pigshit.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...