• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not marketing - an important election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not marketing - an important election

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-boland/unusual-answer-panelist-receives-standing-ovation-benghazi-coalition

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2015/06/23/nationwide-poll-of-us-muslims-shows-thousands-support-shariah-jihad/

samhill: so what do you think should be done? Do you feel Muslims should be rounded up and deported; even if they have lived here for generations? Should all Muslims be interned as we did to the Japanese or the Nazis did to Jews? If you feel only the radical ones should be controlled, how do you know for sure who is radical and who isn't. Macarthyism did not work so well trying to round up communists a half century ago.

Comment

I think that in a democratic country the majority should prevail. I think that people should be aware of the differences in those who wish to govern them.
      I think that Switzerland has a sound immigration policy.

Comment

So what do you think DMI?

Comment

I think you are avoiding my question. You posted 2 anti-Muslim links and yet you will not tell me what you think we should do with Muslims in Canada.

I also disagree with your majority argument. A majority of Canadians did not vote for Harper and no matter who is elected on Oct 19th I am 100% sure they will not have the backing of 50% plus 1 Canadians. In a multi party system we will likely never see a government reflecting a majority.

Also, the majority can be wrong. Hitler rose to power through elections.

So I ask you again: What do you think should be done with regards to Muslims in Canada?

Comment

Well, I am not required to decide what should be done with immigrants, and I have indicated that I think Switzerland has a good program, which I would vote for if presented.

So, what do you think.

Comment

Can you post a link for Switzerland's immigration policy? Google but not able to find much.

Nobody is arguing against have a clear policy on immigration including how Canada handles refugees. What is of concern is tone of the debate and making religion a part of it. The debate now includes the niqab (veil) a part of it.

Just curious why you are avoiding the question about current Canadians who are Muslims. Also if you would treat Syrian/Iraqi Christians who are wanting to come to Canada differently than those that are Muslims?

Comment

What do we do with radical Christians...
                "eye for an eye"....keep slaves..more than one wife...(old Testament stuff)?
                PS- I do consider myself a Christian, but more the "Do unto others, as they would do unto you" type...

Comment

I was not speaking of current immigrants in my original post, as far as I know they are here and so be it.
                  My point is actually who (which political party) best represents what we should do going forward as the election is becoming imminent.
                  The question as to what I think should be done is irrelevant at this point and I don't have access to info the government has, so how could I say what should be done.
                  Going forward, I like the Swiss policy, there may be others that are better, I'm not aware of them.
                  Lots of info on google.
                  Here:

http://www.expatica.com/ch/visas-and-permits/A-guide-to-Swiss-citizenship-and-permanent-residence_107630.html

Comment

maybe you were not talking about resident Muslims but there is no question that the links you posted were focused on Muslims already in the US!

So if you honestly believe there is nothing to fear from Muslims already here in Canada, why is the security bill C-51 needed here; curtailing individual rights?

I am really getting tired of the fear mongering, discrimination, and down right hatred that is being dredged up by links such as the ones you posted

Comment

Apparrently you critize, and I will assume you think things are OK presently and going forward.
                      That's Ok with me, that you think that way, I think differently.
                      I have worked beside Muslims and dealt with them and interacted with them. I have visited a Muslim country and read their newspapers. The links I posted give a look at what is happening.
                      When I went to grade school we sang O Canada every morning, and I think we should stand on guard.
                      Doesn't mean we have to be fearful, means we need to be aware.
                      We each vote as we wish, thankfully.

Comment

For what it is worth, I noted the following statement.

"I was not speaking of current immigrants in my original post, as far as I know they are here and so be it."

I highlight because I curl Friday in an league that is a different ethnic background (in this case Asian/Chinese) versus me (Caucasian/European via the US). Many have ties to Canada longer than mine and are second/third generation.

There are second and third generation Muslim families in Canada. Are they not Canadians?

Comment

not criticizing, just trying to understand your position given your anti Muslim post. You have a right to your opinion, but when you decide to post publically you should be willing to answer to it.

And you assume wrong that I think everything is ok. There is a criminal element distorting the Muslim faith. We need to deal with these criminals both domestically and internationally.

And I too have travelled in Muslim countries, as I have in Hindu, Buddist, Christian, Jewish, and communist countries where religion is "tolerated" at best. I have found both good and bad in each and every country regardless of faith. I do not blame the Islamic faith for atrocities any more than any other religion. Everyone can be and has been distorted at times.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...