• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So auto manufacturers audit their own emissions?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So auto manufacturers audit their own emissions?

So no one has time to check a few of these cars considering we re all so environmental? Maybe if we get those cars off the road we have met all those targets. Lol.

Oh ya BIG business is always fair and honest! That's a real eye opener, huge black eye for manufactures of all kinds. From the biggest car company to bankruptcy in a few days! Heads should roll, but too late. What a shame! If you have a VW , are you in on the lawsuit?

Comment

It seems funny that it happened to the official car company of left wing/earth muffin/hippy types.

David Suzuki, Al Gore and Thomas Mulcair will discuss this when they carpool to their next climate summit in a Jetta......just jokes they will each take a jet or two.

Comment

As much as most people hate government time and time again it is revealed that money does strange things to people and if there was no monitoring of many things it would be complete chaos not to mention a lot more unsafe.

I don't know all the details but find it hard to believe that is a self monitoring issue. Holy cow. What else isn't checked independantly. But then again look at gm all those years they knew if those faulty ignitions and people died needlessly over preserving corporate share.

Comment

And the gov wants to use less and less inspectors in food plants...."they can self monitor"....

Comment

So, how long before we find out that all this DEF we're using is doing jack sh*t.

That's the whole problem with this carbon tax/global warming bullsh*t. Farmers will be taxed, yet no way to pass on the expense to the consumers that eat the food that we grow FOR THEM !

Do any of these political party's that desire a carbon tax, have a plan to rebate farmers? Something like GST rebates? Or will farmers be stuck with the tax bill and everyone else that eats will just continue to go home from the store with their cheap groceries?

Can't really see any party putting a carbon tax on food! just on farmers.

Comment

It seems if anyone had an ounce of vision for this country we could cut emissions quickly.

First what are we using for a benchmark to measure against.

On the majority of farms the hours on tractors and combines have been reduced considerably. A non running piece if equipment produces no emissions. That's been the greatest reduction for emissions on the farm. Greater than any tier engine. We also capture carbon with the farming practices.

The next major emission reduction would be to develop a better transportation system. By putting more back on rail emissions could be lowered.

Having a passenger train service would be another reduction. Wouldn't it be great if you could jump on a train and get to calgary Edmonton or vancouver by train. And not have to drive?

This country needs to stop expensing cartridges thinking we can change other parts of the world and take a little "me time" and invest in making this a country for people to come to with better opportunity to live a cold ass prairie life.

Comment

Actually bucket going from summerfallow to zero till will capture carbon, but after a few years it equalizes and then its negligible.

Comment

Seems strange to me, my son has a 2012 Golf diesel, burns so clean you can't smell it at idle or running through a tree lined country road.

Comment

I was involved in setting up ISO 9002 , I think that was the number ??, for a company I once worked for.
                    Anyway the ISO protocol was a complete joke - but all companies had to do it . It was all about procedures and had *** all to do with the quality of product that was the end result - you could have wrapped mouse shit in a pretty package and sold it , as long as the procedure done was by ISO standerds . I left shaking my head.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...