• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw a couple of rats -what to do?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a couple of rats -what to do?

The province used to have some rat irradiation program, where they found the source,b bated them and totally irradicated them. Anyone know if it's still operating?

Were you at the Parliament building in Ottawa or Regina? A brown paper bag or envelope with cash in it is good bait.

Comment

Did one have a beard and the other a toupee?

Or was one well groomed. ?

Comment

Good for you to travel. I have heard that Ottawa is very scenic this time of year. Say hello to all the senators for me.

Comment

Ask a simple question.....

Comment

On topic. Would u believe I have never seen a rat in my life? Forget how nasty they can be.

Comment

Phone your Rural Municipality(Sask) office and ask who the Pest Control Officer is and their contact #.

Comment

Prep.sarm.ca

Looks like they do have a program

Comment

Also....our municipality offers free bait(poison).

Comment

any rm should give you poison for free. some have a rat control officer . we dont cause no one wants the job

Comment

Prep.sarm.ca

Looks like they do have a program

Comment

We had them too..... bad, real bad last year and throughout the summer. They dug under one of our aeration bins and we're eating canola all winter. They filled one bin under the air floor almost solid with gravel and canola. The were in combine. Had tunnels dug from bins to some of sheds... it was nasty.

My brother put out a few of those warfarin blocks, the ate a couple of them and that cleaned the pricks right up. They are gone... for now.

Comment

Cats help too.

Comment

No rat control in Manitoba. Our neighbour burned a bunch of old buildings a couple of years ago and we inherited his rat population. It was a real infestation. Nasty. My German Shepherd would toss them in the air until they were dead and then bury them. She killed a lot of rats, but they say if you see one, you have fifty. What finally settled our problem was when two weasels took up residence in our hay yard for the winter. We haven't seen a rat in two years now.

Comment

So the seed reps were out in full force.

Oh rats rats.
                              Weasel works the best.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...