• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A day in the life for wd.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day in the life for wd.

Since you are so bent on googlin me and offering your constructive criticism wd, I thought I would sit down tonight after a day of work and give you a few more details to ponder and judge me on.

Just got in from mowing the lawn at my rental house here in Calgary Alberta. You can see it on google earth wd, and the house we rent in town is down in the Deer Run area. Picked some weeds in the gravel that the landlord laid on the north side of the house and was thinking that I might use a little spray there in the next couple of days to clean up the ones too small to pick.

No chance of contamination of gardens as I can ride my bike all over this beautiful 1970's neighborhood and never see a garden or even a tomato growing in a pot. The yards mostly have big back yards with intentions at the time of construction for gardens, but times have changed. Busy lives and choices that we can't blame these city folks for choosin and you know what wd --- trust. Trust that the farmers out there growing their food are kinda like their grampas and gramas, supplying them with the most nutritious, healthy, wholesome food they could possibly produce.

And of course this is where you can step in and show your google expertise and insert numerous articles saying the Monsanto is a saintly company with health and nutrition far above profit and control in their mission statement.

Heading out to my little piece of paradise at Caroline Alberta (also on google earth wd, you little googler) tomorrow after work to check up on my bulls and weed my very large garden. Don't use no glyphosate on the gravel out there and never will. Hand weeding and a 20 year old rototiller - good exercise to boot. Cows are leased out on shares now as this new job of mine is a passion. Yip - offering people a choice in the food industry.

We found out a long time ago wd, that negativity does not sell, and I have to rant on about Monsanto on agriville and not in the stores I have an interest in, or in the many retail and food service customers shops I visit every day.

Amazing how many people like a choice wd. And these enlightened folks - none of them got their enlightenment from me mind you --- love to hear my stories about the "gifts" that farmers like you and your Monsanto buddies give to people like me and my marketing buddies at JBS with their natural beef program. And soon to come, more Cargill organic marketers I hear...

Most have already read the stories you call bs, wd, and the rest I simply tell to go and educate themselves. The internet is an amazing place, and even a simple visit to Wikipedia will tell you lots of stuff about the three R's of the beef biz. Nope wd - not readin and ritin and rithmetic. But Ralgro, Ractopamine,and Rumensin.

Gifts like roctopamine, which I like to call the stovepipe drug. A beta agonist like the one they use on children with lung problems to help tissue absorb water. Wait a minute. Is this more of a scam than a danger. Like the stovepipe used by our communal friends in years past to load up the middle of a bag of potaters to ad weight. HMMMM

I will allow you to try my own little non peer reviewed study wd and buy some pork chops that have paylean added and see how much they steam and shrink before they start cookin.

Please report back on your experiment wd.

Somebody on this site said we were picking on Monsanto too much, I am pretty sure Elanco and Bayer are also bearers of these gifts, but maybe you can check for me wd.

pourfarmer gave a somewhat similar story on another thread in a little shorter form, but I wanted to make it easy for you to find and constructively criticise this one wd.

Enjoy your evening and your garden this fall wd. I am sure you grow one after all. And probably spray the tops on them damn potaters with glyphosate so you don't have to mulch.

You've got a lot of issues Kaiser. Hope
    you can find some help and talk thru
    them.

Comment

Kaiser, I hear you. I too grow 3 outdoor gardens
      and one large greenhouse garden. The
      greenhouse garden is an experiment. I too am
      happy to share loads of vegetables that have not
      had pesticide used anywhere near them.

It may not seem important to some people and
      they may choose to spray right until the day of
      harvest with the blessing of the zero-til kings, but
      i suspect that the food has to have residue on it,
      ans maybe residue that people should not ingest.
      Just saying wd.

Comment

Yes sumdumguy. A little less then 4% of
        the market cares.

Comment

Yet, the same old same old-old same-old are
          continually incensed by a 4% that have no
          economic or political power. #justsayin

Comment

Many consumers are quite surprised when they discover what is sprayed on their "food", or the conditions their meat is raised. If consumers really new some of the farming practises, they would be outraged...although there is a sector that want food cheap as possible so they can go on their exotic vacations, keep the new cars, etc...etc..

Comment

I find it funny that we label (me included) the stuff with all of the additional chemicals, conventional beef. Isn't the stuff we raise conventional?

Nutrition labels have been put on food for years now. Measurements taken, even if micronutrients need to be added from non natural sources. Ever measure the added iron in your corn flakes with a magnet? Pretty cool scientific experiment with no peer review for me to report to wd.

Seems to me that deception has been the game for a lot of years in the ag industry.

Comment

And the organic industry has perfected
                it.

Comment

Then we can come clean on both sides....I like to call it ethically raised......not totally organic, however not doing something silly like keeping feeders on medication for better feed conversion, using implants or spraying a crop with desiccant after the seed is set. Believe there could be a respectable balance between the two...however, as on Ranchers....Big is a Disease!(meaning most of the practises come into play with growing bigger and needing other "tools" to make up for time and management.)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...