• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 12th ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 12th ??

Most have been done seeding for at least 2 weeks , some bad luck/ bigger guys a week , but some still rushin er in - same guys will look for more next year - again

Why ????????

There are many guys right close by that could have had that dirt seeded two weeks ago, and fukin sprayed by now.
    Then they will piss and moan come November trying to combine frozen shit - I just can not grasp it at all ????

Comment

I get it , just to say "well I farm 12,500 ac" - "well I farm 15,000 " Mean while they do a complete shit job on at least 30% of those acres.

It is becoming a complete circus act !!

End of todays rant.. Have a good one

Comment

I bet they are the type of guys who go around
        offering to rent on crop share at30%? Just to farm
        more acres

Comment

We have one guy who just last week got his land handed back to him. He is seeding today. My guess Oats since he does have cattle.

Comment

A Bigger farm near here was still combining a few days a go..Maybe they will double there farm size again next yr?

Comment

30% is a bit light round these parts. The BTO,s
              are paying 1/3 and no sharing of expenses. As
              furrow said doing a shit job on some of those
              acres. I say have it all at those rates. And they
              wonder why the land is never for sale. Landlords
              receive on average 120-180 an acre from these
              clowns. If you are paying 1/3 and not receiving
              any seed fert chem expenses from your landlord,
              you are a complete fool!!!!!

Comment

The secret is minimize the impact of your mistakes by spreading them over a larger and larger number of acres. Seems to be working so far! A few things that could ruin the party are weather problems with no government handout to backstop or inadequate insurance or a significant drop in grain prices.

Comment

The secret is to only farm the acres you
                  can handle, so you don't make mistakes
                  in the first place.

Too bad I couldn't follow my own advice.

Comment

farming 101,you could not be more brain washed.
                    Minimize your mistakes by doing as colevile says, and farm what you can handle right.
                    I will spend an extra $25/ac on what I have between fert/fungicide and extra weed control before I even consider doing that circus act and pay those retarded high rents. That will make more money in your pocket 95% of the time.
                    Funny to watch how these guys have no clue about that.... Karma and mother nature will clean them out - already has started.

Comment

Furrow, I agree, totally. I'm sorry if my message implied I was a big risk taker. Seeded crop number 35 this year, so have been through a few ups and downs. Have seen or heard of a lot of BTO's come and go. For many years there were more rental acres than owned acres on our operation and we never once got into a rental rate bidding war. Would much rather farm smaller and smarter than push out someone who would like to give farming a go. Again, sorry for the poorly worded post.

Comment

All good, sorry for being testy but the fact remains, some of these clowns drive up land prices/rents and in time that cost all of us more money if you do not rent or if you own every ac. Only later to fall from grace and leave most reasonsible farms to pay the piper until the fever subsides.

Comment

Sure, saw it here in the 80's. Farms went into a major expansion mode, paid rents so high that they never went higher for 15-20 years after. A few young guys who were getting into farming at the time quit. There were easier ways to make a living.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...