• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steinbauer engine enhancement modules

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steinbauer engine enhancement modules

Anybody using any of these Steinbauer
    engine modules on combines, tractors or
    semis? 25% more HP and Torque and 10%
    Fuel savings promoted. Good or bad
    comments wanted.

We have had one on our Case STX385 it really was a significant change in fuel consumption. Also a huge difference in power, which was quite noticable as we pull a 60ft Drill, 450bushel cart and a liquid tank. From my understanding there is only trouble if you are running at 90% all the time. We try and keep our performance monitor at around 80%. We have 1200 hours on our Tractor with one, and no issues.

Comment

Was the fuel consumption less? What
      issues did you hear at running at 90 or
      100 percent perf power? We run at that now
      with our STX 450 and STX 535 so wondering
      if we added this if it would mean we could
      then run at 75 or 80 perf power.

Comment

We used to run our tractor at 90 -100% using the peak power to get the job done, with the module, we no longer need to 80% is way more power than 80% used to be. Problems I was warned about was if you run the chip on the edge continuously you are asking for engine failure. Was the warning the retailers way of washing themselves of liabilty... Maybe. I havent wanted to find out. I'm guessing your STX 450 would see the most benefit. Fuel consumption in our case, pulling our rig, running tripples and operating at about 1900 RPM and 4.5 MPH easily 20 percent better.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...