• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parsley this is likely to get messy but maybe you can comment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furrow

Have they been always? PLease show me this I see whee they claim 50%
    Reduce the incidence of sclerotinia by over 50%
    The new Pioneer Protectorâ„¢ Sclerotinia resistance seed trait promises substantial gains in the battle against this costly disease. Testing has shown this breakthrough trait can reduce the incidence of sclerotinia in your canola crop by over 50%. Our goal is ultimately to introduce hybrids with nearly full resistance to sclerotinia.

The Pioneer Protectorâ„¢ Sclerotinia resistance trait in high performing canola hybrids provides several benefits to growers:
    Reduction in incidence
    Over 50% reduction in sclerotinia incidence.
    Peace of mind
    Provides increased flexibility and insurance when timing fungicide applications.
    Convenience
    Sclerotinia protection is planted with the seed.
    Season-long control
    An in-plant trait that provides coverage regardless of weather patterns throughout the entire growing season.

I'd like to see the individual variety numbers as I haven't been able to see them when I looked last year.

Comment

45S52, 46S53, 45S54.
      S51 was the first varity, phased out now.
      S52 has big yeild potential, huge yeilds the last two years in Alberta. In Sask last year we found it's legs were a little weak and tended to shatter worse than the S53 or S54. Both the S53 and S54 have slightly better resistance to sclero and blackleg.
      What we seen in side by sides last fall was infection levels in non-sclero canola varieties(PHI, Dekalb, Liberty , And VT 500) were as high as 60% and the S series pioneer was less than 20%. All with no fungicide in those plots. So although not absolute resistance it was as advertised.

Comment

I think a big pot, a few hundred stir sticks and full
        bladders would be a suitable gift for hopper for
        Christmas. Pars

Comment

Furrow

But do you have the numbers out of say 10 like they rate all the other traits in their sales literature?

Comment

Honestly I just looked at the Pioneer site and I see they have in fact added what I was looking for last year, without a time machine I can't say for sure if it was there in 2012 but don't think it was . So it's there now and it will be helpful. out

Comment

Incidence was down for S53 for us, cause the wind blew through it easier,lol, H29 had some serious sclerotinia, and was rotten in the meshed up low ground, but still out yielded our S53. I will grow the H29 and spray it next year. More potential, that gives me better piece of mind than S52,53,54.

Comment

Agriville threads are sometimes like the group of people that wisper in ear to ear then the end result is nothing like the first phrase. Its all educational but I do resent parsleys gift and still like everyone.

Comment

hobby, no we do not. Cavalier Agrow does both the Prince of Peas and King of Canola, winners get free holliday/trips. Both are very well run programs and are educational to see what guys do to push yeilds. To participate you must buy all your inputs from them on the acres you enroll in their program. Good gig for Cavalier.. If we were closer we would participate but they are 30 miles from us and we have 4 retail outlets within 6 miles right here that we deal with.
                  It is great on farm yeild data though cause it is all shown with inputs rain fall, the works.
                  They run an extensive program up there, good to see that from an independant. The line companies here could not even touch the agronomy of some of these independants.

Comment

You do like to stir the pot, often, and not scared
                    of getting everyone pissy, hopper. An admirable
                    trait. No insult intended. Pars

Comment

Sb furrow.

Comment

Sb hopper Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...