• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More than NG in NH3 and Farmer Plants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than NG in NH3 and Farmer Plants

Are these Farmer Owned plants (mentioned in an earlier post) going to have to go through the inspections, testing and security requirements that the dealer owned tanks have to go through? I think we forget that some of the costs involved in the price of fertilizer is the government red-tape is involved.

Plus electricity, plus infrastructure, plus labour, plus transportation etc etc.

?Yes their are costs hell huge costs if you own a fert site.
    But at 3 a gig for Natural gas (back when I paid .18 cents a lb for full service it was 2.56) so yes their is room to pay for useless redtape.

Comment

Yeah, safety costs, way, way, to much when
      talking to Comedian framers that have
      rusted out floor boards and little er no
      brakes on most fram vehicles. Gobermont
      read tape'll gettcha each and ever time!!!

Comment

Yeah, that right.......... When we were paying 18 cent for NH3, actually I was on the selling end of things in 1988. I was making about $7.50 an hour hauling it behind a 3/4T in a 1000gal tank. Thats not legal now, none wants a little tank like that. Now, I would only be guessing that they would have to pay someone $15 plus. Skilled workers at the manufacturing level....... likely none there working for less than $30/hr? The percentage of the NH3 cost that is NG is small.... you can't manufacture without margin, and its a matter of know, how much you can invest, to make these farm plants viable.

Comment

Farmer owned still makes sense. Run it as a business and reap the profits. Sask3 wasn't this supposed to be in BMO's hands by now. What is happening?

Comment

Anyways if other countries wish they could access our natural gas to ship Urea over seas and we are paying a premium based on what it costs to ship up the mississippi something wrong with this picture.

Comment

But if grain companies shouldn't grow
              canola should farmers manufacture
              fertilizer?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...