• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using twitter for marketing?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using twitter for marketing?

Don't facebook or twitter, don't care to or have time to post my/families life online.

However, b'en discovering that there are market players and traders posting on Twitter. And their tweets can be viewed on the computor without joining twitter.

Anyone here following market traders on twitter, particularly those involved with grains? Any names you'd recommend?

Errol, charliep, l.weber do you use twitter? Do you follow anyone (re marketing) on twitter?

Can anyone list 5 or 6 larger trading houses or brokers in the U.S. that deal in ag commodities? I'd like to search their staff to find more traders or brokers on twitter to follow.

Of course all opinions on twitter would have to be weighed for their value.

I have a twitter account but don't use it very much. My main source of information is emails although I have to admit to liking text messaging.

My problem is too much information that at the end of day just turns into noise/frustration. I like to spend the time looking at the fundamental information, prices and charts myself. I supplement this with a few newsletters/direct contact from others I know and trust.

My most disciplined time is the morning when I spend a bit of time looking at the charts and reading about 4 or 5 newsletter I get.

What is others practice/use of social media?

Comment

We use twitter as another method to deliver grain pricing information.

Our @ACPCgrainprices account delivers the closing canola futures prices to followers of that account.

With twitter, the more people you follow, the more information you get. After a while, like any forum or social media tool, you begin to filter out which users have good information to share and which don't.

You do sometimes see localized information from farmers regarding pricing, movement and other marketing information.

We utilize twitter as another tool in our overall extension efforts through the @albertacanola account.

Twitter makes it very easy to send out information, often with links, very quickly to a large audience at no cost.

If you want more information on why twitter is a good tool for farmers or how to get started, you can watch the webinar we recorded last year that will walk you through it: http://youtu.be/xa-03ir-Jbo

Rick Taillieu
      Alberta Canola Producers

Comment

thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

Comment

Great Marketing tool, there is alot of crap on twitter but the 10% thats useful is very good. Some to follow far marketing info to start with. @cmegroup @tradingCBOT @leftfieldCR (your welcome chuck) @ArlanFF101 to name a few but once your on there and interact a little you decide for yourself who is providing value.

But twitter is a real good tool in the heat of the battle. for example in the spring I took a picture of an insect tweeted it and asked if anyone knew what it was and had a dozen responses within minutes as an example. Really it can be an extension of your brain, and the more "GOOD" people you follow, and that follow you. The more value you will get out of it.

Look forward to seeing you on twitter. @markbratrud is me!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...