• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny Feeling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny Feeling

I got this really good feeling for the specialty crop side of things.

Anyone else?

You need to bathe. In cold weather, they are particularly aggressive feeders.

Parsley

Comment

Little early to be drunk.

Comment

Are you coming to Calgary? I promise to treat you well.

Parsley

Comment

Wished I was a drinker, CP, other than a few wine occassionally, and then I bear to listen to/would attend this:

MINISTER RITZ TO ADDRESS THE DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA

OTTAWA, Ontario, February 6, 2008 – The Honourable Gerry Ritz, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Minister for the Canadian Wheat Board, will be in Ottawa on Thursday, February 7, to speak at the Dairy Farmers of Canada’s Annual Policy Conference about the Government of Canada’s actions in support of dairy farmers and the industry.

The Honourable Christian Paradis, Secretary of State for Agriculture, will also be present.

EVENT:

Address

DATE:

Thursday, February 7

TIME:

12:00 p.m.

Château Laurier, Ballroom

1 Rideau Street

Ottawa, Ontario

Comment

What is a speacialty crop to you c/p? Peas, lentils, mustards, canary seed, chickpeas, - or is it anything outside of the cwb control?
            At this point everything looks great outside of the cwb grains - except oats.

Comment

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me go.What exactly is happening?Is there a bunch of speakers?Do i have to contact anyone to get in?

Interesting you mention oats.Were close to our breakout level,and i think a nice rally is about to take place.

Comment

$4.00 old crop by May 08, $5.00 new crop by July/08.

CP, we actually agree on something. I think oats also is ready to breakout.

Comment

ONE OF THE HOTTEST TOPICS AROUND

February 8, 2008, Airdrie, AB: “Our Convention is less than a week away, and one of the hottest topics around – biofuels - and how barley can play a role, is garnering a lot of attention” says Jeff Nielsen, President of the Western Barley Growers Association (WBGA) when talking about BARLEY GOING GLOBAL – Barley does it all !

WBGA teamed up with several partners, in cooperation with the Alberta Barley Commission (ABC), to look at the feasibility of barley as a feedstock in ethanol production. “The Barley Bioproducts Opportunity Project or BBOP has progressed very well,” indicated Doug McBain, WBGA past President, and who’s original idea initiated this project. “The great thing about this research is this is not research for research's sake -- its research for our member’s sake”.

“The project has opened our eyes and minds to think differently about barley and allowed us to attract some industry leading speakers on biofuels to our convention.

We are really excited to have Dr. Kevin Hicks, Research Leader USDA-ARS Crop Conversion Science & Engineering Research to present New Technical Breakthroughs in Fuel Ethanol Production from Hulled and Hull-less Barley”, continues McBain. “This is leading edge research and something that will be of real interest to our members”.

Additionally Dr. David Bressler from the University of Alberta who has headed up the technical assessments on barley fermentation and distillers grains will be sharing the results of that very exciting research.

Mr. David Shambrock of Shambrock consulting who in partnership with of Kelwin Management have been evaluating business feasibility will also share some of their work to date.

“This is an exciting time to be in the barley business. Change is coming and we are committed to making barley a big part of our members future, whether that future is food, feed or fuel. Join us for our exciting convention” concludes Nielsen.

For more information on WBGA’s 2008 convention please visit www.wbga.org or call our office at 403.912.3998

Other contacts:

Jeff Nielsen

PresidentWBGA Olds, AB

Cell: 403.556.0408

jeffniel@platinum.ca

Doug McBain

Past President ~ WBGA

Cremona, AB

Cell:403.816.0645

dmcbain@wbga.org

WBGA 2008 Annual Convention
                  February 13, 14 & 15, 2008
                  BARLEY GOING GLOBAL
                  Food - Fuel - Feed ~ Barley does it all
                  Sheraton Cavalier - Calgary

Western Barley Growers Association

A strong voice for a vibrant, market responsive barley industry in western Canada

Agriculture Centre - 97 East Lake Ramp NE
                  Airdrie, AB T4A 0C3
                  www.wbga.org Email: wbga@wbga.org
                  Phone: 403.912.3998

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...