• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB board disclosures

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB board disclosures

My neighbors and I have been tossing the idea around that the cwb board of directors that are farmers should have to disclose the programs they use and the grain they grow.

Why? Because any other corporation board has to disclose insider trading.

We feel all farmers should know if they are benefitting by getting the inside info from the analysts.

Any comments.

Will leave for others to discuss but will note the policy has changed over the past year. Historically, the directors have not be able to use CWB producer pricing options (changed last year) with the impact some were not very familiar with the PPO technical operations/gremlins. IMHO, having the real life experience of using the programs offsets any supposed advantage the directors get from the hopefully extremely high level information a board of directors would get. That assumes the board of directors does not get involved on the operations side.

Comment

you mean that doesn't happen now!!!my God this is a sick story!

Comment

Maybe off topic but what was the policy for the board of directors for Agricore United (UGG/Pools before that) and SWP?

Comment

Good question cp - I don't know. I am a young fellow (44). When i got back to farming those companies were sinking so I doubt the inside trade would have made anyone much money.

Comment

Charlie,

I don't think the BOD have a clue to how risk management at the CWB works.

I doubt anyone could figure out what they have really done... because they pool PPO and Pool hedges/customer positions.

The basis the CWB charges on PPO wheat contracts is proof enough... that there is a massive conflict between the Pool and PPO contracted growers.

Why on earth should I cross subsidise $100/t to the pool... when those skally wags did exactly nothng... took no risk... and I am forced to be the mule that carrys the pool... a huge chunk of the present PRO increase... is directly attributable to PPO growers... NOT an increase in CWB sales values based off the futures. Basis is just as big a factor this year... and we PPO pricers are wearing a ball and chain... connected to the pool.

AND VADER gets an export license... for a few $/t... and avoids the whole thieving mess.

Now that is a conflict... if I have ever seen one!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...