• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pool "B" Feed Barley Initial Payment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool "B" Feed Barley Initial Payment

CWB announced an initial payment of $157.50 for 1CW Feed Barley (port) in the pool "B". $100/tonne for a nice round delivered Alberta price. You have reasonable expectations (but no guarantee) of a final payment of $100/tonne. Knock $15/tonne out if you use an fpc and want to get paid right away. No EPO offering (at least when I looked). No guaranteed delivery contracts at present so delivery opportunity.

The Saudi/middle east should be back int the world feed barley market soon. Stay tuned.

Charlie
    correct my farmer math if I am wrong
    initial price would then be $2.18 AB
    final if you are suggesting a $85 ($100 -$15) final would net AB farmer $ 4.03
    shipping some next week from bin to Lethbridge for $ 4.16
    as to Saudi Arabia, can't find it right now, but read something this morn that they are going to curtail their barley imports due the fact of the high cost and go to corn. I believe it stated 12-14 million tonnes of barley is what they import.
    Yet those camels love barley !!

Comment

The $4.03/bu would be the fpc price with the promised CWB payment closer to $4.35/bu. Current landed Alberta corn prices are close to $250/tonne. AGC is reported prices $200 to $215/tonne but actual transacted prices are closer to corn (need a broker to confirm). Feedlots well covered through winter but open business into the spring.

No time to do the full Saudi story but actually closer to 5.6 MMT with total barley trade of 14.6 (2007/08).

http://www.fas.usda.gov/psdonline/psdgetreport.aspx?hidReportRetrievalName=BVS&hidRe portRetrievalID=393&hidReportRetrievalTemplateID=7

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...