• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain bag extractors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain bag extractors

If anybody has an opinion on the two grainbag extractors(green or red) i'd love to hear it.

do not know what you mean by green or red.....I would by the one that rolls up the bag as you extract it versus the one that slices the bag open and augers it up....have used the latter, have freinds that use the roll up ones and the claim they work slick

Comment

I own the green one and have only used it on 2 bags, but did look at the red one before buying.

As I see it they both have pros and cons.
      1. The wheels are on the outside of the red model when rolling up the bag and this is where the snow sits and the rain that runs off the bag makes the ground soft. The wheels on the green model run where the bag sits so snow removal is not as important right close to the bag.

2. The green model flips into transport in seconds. You just rotate the bag roller and lift up the hyd cylinders and you are ready to move down the road. The red model does not have enough ground clearance and will drag on the crown of the road and must be put into trasport position for moving any distance. Takes a few minutes and must unhook the tractor.

3. The red model is a welded box and is probably a stronger construction and more forgiving of idiots running the machine.

4. Both units are fast and easy way to move grain. Almost no work.

Small differnces between machines and only time will tell which system is better.

Comment

Thanks for the input poorboy!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...