• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much land should a farmer buy?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much land should a farmer buy?

Seems to me this year is the year to purchase land. Pay a little more than the going rate in the past 4 years and if you can close the deal great. Alberta buyers buying up almost everything around here. Some renting back to origional farmers which I do not understand the sellers thinking. Also plenty of local farmer buying. In one year there will be nothing left at realistic prices in my opinion.
    What should the Sask. farmer do???

In our area the last time that a real estate agent came around and said that he had some property for sale buy us was back in early 80's.
    IF a quarter comes up it either is gone to a relative, neighbor or the renter before it even hits the market.
    Land values have stayed relatively low up until now. Land has increase to around $60,000 from the $23,000 I paid last winter. We are going to see a guy tomorrow who offered us three quarters if price is fair we will purchase those. I feel anyone who sells and rents back his own land for 8% is nuts. Also anyone who doesn't offer the property first to a neighbor has some problems of his own. Yes a huge farm could be a problem for a neighbor to purchase but why not try, hell they have been beside you for what 30 years or more.

Comment

Increase 23 to 60 that is an exception.
      Here values are between 65 and 85 and according to land condition. Yet have not increased much of any amount in the last few years other than land that someone thought they could not sell for a while is now being sold. Acreages being bought up. Plenty of older farmers yet that do not really want to rent back because they want to retire. Never used to hear about real estate agents selling land here.

Comment

Land baby,yeah!
        The best investment.Machinery allwinds up trapping snow.
        Does it relate to marketing?You bet.I've been able to buy land from cwb zombies for years.Marketing illiterates.
        Once we have a free market climate,I believe our land prices will rise somewhat.

Land is not just about income ,its about expectations,confidence etc.
        for example,there is lots of good land in Zimbabwe.So what.

You've dumped the NDP.Dump the CWB and sask land will DOUBLE.Get it now.

Comment

I think it would be a good time to sell land. Sell it and
          buy it back in a few years at half the price. I am not
          going to but I am thinking that could happen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...