• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fair wages

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fair wages

what do you people pay your top employees for farm work?

25 dollars/hour

Comment

With Benfits, the same.

Comment

I don't farm enough to have to hire, but those that do pay maybe 12 bucks in our country.

Comment

Buddies that are good enough to help are worth $30/hour (they all work full time so I regard evenings/weekends as overtime). If they arent worth more than the fuel the equipment burns I cant afford their help at any price.

Comment

$12.00/hr appears to be reasonable, if you can find any help. Most nowadays won't do fram work! To hard, to dusty.

Comment

our area, can't afford to pay more than $12-$15. Although, can't find anyone to come work anymore for less than full time guaranteed work and less than $20!

Comment

$15.00/hr room, lunch and supper.
                Time off whenever they need it to work on their own properties.
                Seasonal work only April to Dec. Family works out the rest of the time.

Comment

12 bucks!!!!!!! How is the farming in Bangladesh these days?????

This topic reminds me of a Joke.

The government after some complaints from farm workers decided it was going to have to look into the working and wage conditions on a number of operations. So they sent out an inspector for a tour of area farms to try and interview workers.
                  On the very first farm the inspector drove into he drove up to the owner whom he saw walking across the yard from the farm office and got out and identified himself. The farmer asked
                  " Who would you like to talk to?
                  Would you like to talk to the one that drives the year old truck ,get's nights and weekend's off and 3 weeks of vacation a year? And lives in a nice house in town? Or do you want to talk to the one that drives the almost new SUV and works around here from time to time between running kids to Hockey, dance lessons and piano lessons and talking to her mother on the phone?
                  Or would you like to talk to the dimwitted one who works 7 days a week 52 weeks a year, from sunup to sundown, drives a 11 year old truck, might be lucky to get 5 days off a year and if he's really lucky saves up enough money for a plug of chewing tobbacco and a case of beer every once in a while?"

"That's the one" The gov't man said thinking he'd found the perfect person to interview "where is he?"

"Your looking at him" the farmer replied.

Comment

australia $18 per hour plus house,meat fuel.

Comment

The fellow that works for me is very typical of the ag workforce in this area. I pay him $15/hour plus some benefits and possible bonus. He is a very good machine operator and pretty good at machine maintenance and repairs. However, he only speaks some English, has maybe a grade 6 education in another language, so therefore doesn't read or write English.

He is quite happy to work farmer's hours so gets about 2000 hours in 8-9 months and then works some construction jobs in the winter. After being here 2 years, he is getting much better so I will be paying him more next season.

Comment

Good guy you got there, Seedsman, lots of guys would opt for pogy in the off months.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...