• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off to the Races

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a major grain company. CGC bonded no problem. Getting delivery on time has been a problem for years here locally in this one facility. Maybe its a management issue I think. Will be no problem getting paid. I just want to start us farmers here sticking up for ourselves a bit here and get some action.
    Purhaps the getting paid on time issue I didn't say properly. It was on product delivered earlier than contract date, they paid a post dated check. Now I just believe we must be paid storage on product not taken on time, but really they don't have to.

Comment

Glad to hear "paying on time" related to early delivery. From our posts, you can see that Charlie and I were both worried that the company might not be on solid footing. Storage becomes a pretty small, but legitimate, issue compared to the risk of not getting paid at all.

Comment

kamachel

You are likely aware of the cash clearing house project that is being sponsored by western barley growers association and financed by the federal government under the private sector risk management program. The objective of this is to put buyers and sellers on equal footing by having standardized contracts/delivery terms. May not have been a help for early delivered stuff but would represent you in the case of a late delivery.

Comment

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/hamilton/hamilton101207.html

Good article and website.

Read the mogambo guru if you want more,he makes incredibly boring economic data fun.

I'm watching oats closely ive got tonnes.I think we need to blow through 3 bucks for our breakout.If we hit our head 3 times at 3 bucks were taking a trip down(i doubt this).Today was a great day.

Comment

Yeah it looks like there is serious resistance at $3/bu. The RSI looks supportive for a rally but I guess only time will tell...

Comment

Wedino, you include open in another window html on your against the rules link and respect the 'window that brought ya' rule of the web.

Comment

Huh? Are you saying I shouldn't post hot links?

Comment

Below is the link for the clearing house project. The web site is not fully public but got permission from the clearing house project team to post the site. I encourage you to look at it.

www.agclearing.ca

Will ask Joe Dales about setting up hot links. Has been an issue in the past but farms.com has not indicated one way or the other.

Comment

Fran,what did you think of the article.

We had talked about some of this stuff in a previous thread.

Comment

it was a good article....it looks like march oats are off....what about beans this morning...it is getting almost impossible to trade...the volitility is just so high...

Comment

Yep,the volitility is something else oil is going crazy along with gold.Oats is kicken butt again along with the cando.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...