• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet, Dry, Or....?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet, Dry, Or....?

We are very wet. Again. Not quite as wet as last fall, so we may be able to seed come spring 2008.

How are all of you guys?

Dry - still big cracks ,we've had some rain last week approx 8/10 so we can now soil test, before this moisture ,as you pulled out the probe the soil ran out back into the hole or trying to go deeper than 6" resulted in a broken soil probe. We need lots more rain . Snow would work but we haven't had enough to run a skidoo for years.

Comment

Too bad we can't share weather fortunes, mustardman...

Comment

Still wet here, almost stuck here today straight cutting vol. canola. I am hoping to cut through the low spots to spread straw/weeds so I can direct seed in the spring but the ruts from my seeding attempts and spraying are pretty ugly. The field is going to look funny with 20 foot strips disced every 90 feet to deal with the ruts. Maybe I should disc everything to blacken it in case next spring is as bad as this. Blow seed and dry fert on and try to harrow it.
        Anybody got a hovercraft with a hitch and hydralics?

Comment

I forgot

Screw the CWB

Comment

test (earlier post isnt showing up)

Comment

Driest I've ever seen it around here for this time of year.

Comment

SH-- It rained us out on Saturday, Canola was finally close enough to dry.
                Bang rain again. Nice sunday and this morning looks like wednesday may get rain.
                We need 3 days.

Comment

no combining here since October 4th. Rain rain rain. Canola was 12 back then.

Comment

Ponass Lake RM. Applying fertilizer using sweeps to cut all the weeds in drown outs and level the ruts from seeding and spraying. Soil has a hard layer at 2". Going 4" and seeing brick sized hard wet lumps. At 4" is very sticky and wet. Top is dry so traction is good but takes a lot of fuel to bust this up. So much for zero till if you get 5" floods every 2 months. Most in the area are fall working stubble just in case we get more 5" rains. We always get 2-4' of snow so never a problem in spring for moisture. Canola at 15% today but straw getting very rotten. Should go through easier. Hope everyone gets the crop in the bin no matter the moisture. Areate it and freeze or dry it.

Comment

After having 2 wet falls nice to be finished harvest. Doing scraping now and realize ground is dryer than expected, and that is working great, can see just where to dig because of the excess spring moisture.

Comment

Tried canola yesterday. I kept plugging at the back of the walkers on my old deere. I've never plugged 'em before. The straw I notice is absolutely wire, and the septum of the pods is still intact out the back of the combine. Anyone out there had this problem? I am assuming it is just the straw being too intact to fall to the chopper properly, but I can't be sure. Testing 14.

Comment

Weather starting to look real iffy now. Showers, cold are in the forecast. Days are short. If it'll go through the combine, do it, dry it natural gas is cheap. Good luck. To dry here to even do much Fall work, ground to hard!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...